Let’s all talk about Hunted (S2 E10)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Hunted (S2 E10)

• Author
        July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9025

Gordon is back! I remember really enjoying this one! Can’t wait to watch it again!

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9057

Another really good start to an episode. We get so much new info in this little scene that we don’t even recognize right away – at least on first watch. Here is another “child like Sam” with another ability and one who’s being talked to by YED.

I get that Sam is pissed at being kept in the dark and scared of what all that might mean, but he has to know what info like that would do to Dean, too!! Having your dad ask you to kill your little brother if need be is horrible for anyone, but triply so for the Winchesters!!! Sam really could’ve been a little more sympathetic here. And I don’t appreciate at all that he runs off that night after Dean BEGS him to give him a little time! Dean doesn’t beg – at least not often – and here he was clearly distraught….yet Sam runs off and worries him more. Dick move, sir!

Great misdirect after Sam leaves Dean and the next thing we see is him getting blown up!! TOTALLY shocking. I really appreciate the gore and smoking shoe!!! Watching it for the second, third, umpteenth time….I find it humorous how little scruples Kripke had to torment the audience and characters. HA.

I do like the fact that Sam isn’t just trying to disappear into the night and figure this out himself, but goes to the Roadhouse for help. He must have guessed that it would get back to Dean, which I guess is his way to be pissed at Dean and keep him in the loop. SIGH….communication sure wasn’t their strongsuit early on.

But, HEY, it gives us a chance to see Ash and Ellen again and that is always a treat. Love the conversation between Sam and Ellen. Neither sharing too much but showing that they care! Interesting dance and difficult to pull off as writers and deliver as actors! Little bits of important info woven in to ground it. Very cool.
          Love love love Ash!! His delivery rocks. “Make the monkey dance.” HA

Strange choice of music in the scene between Ash, Ellen and Sam, though. It’s a song that was huge on the TWILIGHT soundtrack and used prominently in the movie. I wonder if that was on purpose or the song was just cheap to use.

The room at the Blue Rose Inn is waaaay over the top. It even has a display case for dishes? Too funny!

I really enjoy every time watching the episode how it starts off as a “self-discovery” journey for Sam and suddenly turns into a completely different thing with Gordon showing up and trying to kill Sam but capture Dean. It turns everything on its head although the new info we are gathering all throughout is amounting to the same thing. It really drives home the fact how BIG of a problem Sam and Dean are actually facing with YED and everything else connected. And I appreciate AVA as stand in for us – audience – the actress is playing the poor, normal, overwhelmed person really well with a slightly hysterical edge. Not everyone can be cool meeting the Winchesters….they ARE quite scary when looking at them from an outside, conventional perspective. HA

AWESOME fight scene on the roof. Between Dean and Gordon.

Both Sterling and Jensen are AMAZING in the scenes in the abandoned house. The all-business-psychpath-edge to Gordon and Dean’s “fighting to stay cool but completely freaked out on the inside” are very effective opposites in the scene.

The whole thing with the double trip wire and two explosions etc are so high stake and suspenseful, it really is movie quality TV.

How are Sam and Dean getting their guns back, though?! Sam lost his in the fight in the house and Gordon surely took Dean’s…..

I love the way Sam and Dean “make up” at the end. Very little is actually said, but we get the apology and acceptance in between the lines. In typical Winchester fashion.

Another gritty, exciting episode!

Reply | Quote
          • kate38
              July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9368

I get that Sam is pissed at being kept in the dark and scared of what all that might mean, but he has to know what info like that would do to Dean, too!! Having your dad ask you to kill your little brother if need be is horrible for anyone, but triply so for the Winchesters!!! Sam really could’ve been a little more sympathetic here. And I don’t appreciate at all that he runs off that night after Dean BEGS him to give him a little time! Dean doesn’t beg – at least not often – and here he was clearly distraught….yet Sam runs off and worries him more. Dick move, sir!”

I agree!! Why couldn’t Sam just have given Dean a little more time, as he’d asked? And I TOTALLY understand why Dean didn’t tell Sam about what John had said. First of all, John asked him not to. And secondly, just LOOK what happened as soon as Sam did find out? He’d just have gotten angry and taken off sooner. Sam really annoyed me in that scene.

kate

Reply | Quote
            • kate38
                July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9369

“Both Sterling and Jensen are AMAZING in the scenes in the abandoned house. The all-business-psychpath-edge to Gordon and Dean’s “fighting to stay cool but completely freaked out on the inside” are very effective opposites in the scene.”

Yep! I wasn’t rooting for Gordon in this one, but Sterling did such a great job that I had a hard time not enjoying those scenes with Jensen.
                kate

Reply | Quote
            • journalbookbinder
                July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9127

Oh man, SO MUCH happened in this one! Ava and her vision (LOVE the misdirect at the start where we see Sam die but then it’s some stranger we don’t know waking up from the vision/dream!), Gordon, more unease at the Roadhouse over Sam and who knew what about him and who told or researched what was going on with him…the second half of the confession along the river from Dean about John’s dying declaration…and then the cliffhanger with Ava at the end. This episode felt like it was an hour and a half long; in a good way; there was so much packed in!

PNP: I agree that Sam should never have run off! Geez! Dean was going nuts with everything going on and Sam just bails? Yay for Ellen for telling Dean where Sam was.

Love that Dean discovers Gordon and his sniper rifle to save Sam and Ava.

The whole part where Dean was tied to a chair…it’s like, wow, how many avenues for expression can they take away from Jensen and he STILL nails it!!! Can’t talk. Can’t move. Can’t even see anything but the upper half of his face really with the gag and you can STILL completely see and feel the desperation when he hears the trip wire blow; and then the second one. Incredible. Jensen is incredible.

I also loved the way he completely conveyed the fear when Gordon was telling him about the trip wire trap. Dean suddenly gets how good a hunter Gordon is; how he TOTALLY knew what Sam would do and planned for it. When Gordon turns away, you can see the desperation and the grief when Dean fears that Sam was, in fact, killed by wire #2. SO GOOD!

Sam’s so smart.

The Roadhouse scene was great too. Sarcastic Ash. Sam very “aw shucks, I’m probably the last guy you want to see” and Ellen consistent as always. LOVE ELLEN!

That motel room was hideous.

I agree with everything else PNP said. I just thought this one was incredibly good and riveting!

Reply | Quote
                • kate38
                    July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9373

“The whole part where Dean was tied to a chair…it’s like, wow, how many avenues for expression can they take away from Jensen and he STILL nails it!!! Can’t talk. Can’t move. Can’t even see anything but the upper half of his face really with the gag and you can STILL completely see and feel the desperation when he hears the trip wire blow; and then the second one. Incredible. Jensen is incredible.”

SO true! Jensen was so subtle, but you could see that Dean was thinking and plotting the whole time. The man is masterful 🙂

Reply | Quote
                • kate38
                    July 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm #9372

It’s always good to see Ashe and Ellen! Ashe is 100% adorable 😊

I’m annoyed with Sam for running off like that. I won’t repeat my earlier post, but that really got under my skin. Poor Dean! After trying to hard to find Sam, Dean saves Sam only to get taken hostage. Poor Dean! Sam did show a teeny amount of growth by admitting that going to California was his attempt to run away, and that he shouldn’t keep doing that. Too bad it didn’t take….

It’s interesting that YED was appearing to the other psychic kids and telling them to do evil acts, but he wasn’t telling Sam anything. In retrospect, is anybody else wondering if Ava was evil this whole time? She put on a pretty good show about seeming innocent, but she seemed the same to me as she did in AHBL, so on rewatch this time it’s got me wondering.

I like Raelle Tucker’s writing. I miss that quality in the later seasons. Ben Edlund’s too, for that matter. I really liked using that scene between Dean and Gordon for the exposition about YED and his plans for the psychic kids. It was a creative way to tell us what was going on, and that the Roadhouse isn’t as safe as it seemed to be.

kate

Reply | Quote
                Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Hunted (S2 E10)

Your information: