Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by đź“– Notification- TRANSACTION 1.003487542 BTC. Withdraw => out.carrotquest.io/r?hash=YXBwPTYyNTczJmNvbnZlcnNhdGlvbj0xNzI3NDAzMjg5ODc3Njc3NTQzJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja2VkJnVybD1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnRlbGVncmEucGglMkZHby10by15b3VyLXBlcnNvbmFsLWNhYmluZXQtMDUtMTAmcmFpc.
  • Author
        November 1, 2023 at 5:17 pm #88269

I remember seeing this and thinking it was a GREAT role for Samantha Smith. I loved the idea that a monster would use Sam and Dean’s mom against them.

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          November 1, 2023 at 5:17 pm #97867

This episode is kinda middle of the road for me.
          I find the EVE story line in this super confusing, with the monster mixing etc, but as we find out much later….we were supposed to be confused. Still it makes the episode drag for me and less enjoyable.
          I do like Amber Benson (Lenore) a lot as an actress and thought bringing her character back here even if just for a few moments was a good choice. And having Cas kill her so abruptly and without apparent feeling was pretty chilling.
          I don’t like the actress they chose to play Eve, she was not convincing in the least, BUT Sam Smith really does a great job here as Eve with Mary’s face on. She uses the perfect mix of sweet and edgy. (I wish, though, they had kept it Mary’s visage as Eve died. It would have been even more impactful.). I love how that throws Sam and Dean off a little. And it makes the exposition and big reveals Eve has to give us more interesting to watch.
          BOBBY is very fun to watch in this. His “a computer is supposed to have buttons” reaction to a tablet Sam gives him is sweet. I often feel like technology is racing away from my comprehension. HA! And overall Bobby has a lot of good insight here and through his interactions with Cas we also become more suspicious of Castiel here – torturing the “Sheriff” is definitlety not normal Cas behaviour. And in the end it’s Bobby who has the theory first that Cas is behind Crowley’s continued existence. Little moments like this keep the show so real for me.
          Very sad that Sam and Dean’s compassion for the kids was a trap, but between the guilt over that and then the discovery of the dead children, I believe that they wouldn’t have made the connection between Cas and Crowley so quickly with out Bobby there.
          Lots of good moments in this episode but overall a little lack luster.

Reply | Quote
        • journalbookbinder
            November 1, 2023 at 5:17 pm #132928

I find the Eve storyline really confusing and not well-explored either. Fine, good idea for the mother of all monsters and she can see through the eyes of all monsters in the world, but the “beta testing” things didn’t make sense to me if she’s been birthing monsters all this time…why can’t she get it right? Kind of a weird idea.

I thought the actress playing Eve was one of the few bad casting calls on SPN. Even if she is supposed to be “not human” – it just came across as bad acting! Flat. Weird, monotone delivery. Just not great.

I did love Sam Smith taking over. She did better than average!

I remember on first watch that I thought Eve’s death was such a disappointing fizzle when she’s such a major monster! She just kinds oozes black stuff and collapses.

I did like the twist with Dean having the ashes in his bloodstream! On first watch, I didn’t guess that!

The other brother storyline was good and typical SPN-tragic. They thought they’d won, put the whole thing on hold to save those brothers, and it still went south and even the brothers died at the hands of demons!

The whole story with Crowley was confusing to me at this point too.

I also loved Bobby in this one.

For some reason, I was annoyed by all the “impotent” references to Cas. He’s without his angel powers, but angels are asexual so everyone (including Eve as Mary) kept talking about how Cas was flaccid and impotent and I found it a strange choice for an angel.

Reply | Quote
        Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

Your information: