Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago by journalbookbinder.
  • Author
        November 1, 2023 at 5:17 pm #88269

I remember seeing this and thinking it was a GREAT role for Samantha Smith. I loved the idea that a monster would use Sam and Dean’s mom against them.

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          November 1, 2023 at 5:17 pm #97867

This episode is kinda middle of the road for me.
          I find the EVE story line in this super confusing, with the monster mixing etc, but as we find out much later….we were supposed to be confused. Still it makes the episode drag for me and less enjoyable.
          I do like Amber Benson (Lenore) a lot as an actress and thought bringing her character back here even if just for a few moments was a good choice. And having Cas kill her so abruptly and without apparent feeling was pretty chilling.
          I don’t like the actress they chose to play Eve, she was not convincing in the least, BUT Sam Smith really does a great job here as Eve with Mary’s face on. She uses the perfect mix of sweet and edgy. (I wish, though, they had kept it Mary’s visage as Eve died. It would have been even more impactful.). I love how that throws Sam and Dean off a little. And it makes the exposition and big reveals Eve has to give us more interesting to watch.
          BOBBY is very fun to watch in this. His “a computer is supposed to have buttons” reaction to a tablet Sam gives him is sweet. I often feel like technology is racing away from my comprehension. HA! And overall Bobby has a lot of good insight here and through his interactions with Cas we also become more suspicious of Castiel here – torturing the “Sheriff” is definitlety not normal Cas behaviour. And in the end it’s Bobby who has the theory first that Cas is behind Crowley’s continued existence. Little moments like this keep the show so real for me.
          Very sad that Sam and Dean’s compassion for the kids was a trap, but between the guilt over that and then the discovery of the dead children, I believe that they wouldn’t have made the connection between Cas and Crowley so quickly with out Bobby there.
          Lots of good moments in this episode but overall a little lack luster.

Reply | Quote
      Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Mommy Dearest (S6 E19)

Your information: