Let’s all talk about Sam, Interrupted (S5 E11)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Sam, Interrupted (S5 E11)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by ↔ You got 55 895 USD. Gо tо withdrаwаl > https://forms.yandex.com/cloud/65db118e693872ea94244750?hs=166f8cb6bf775a1e5e9fa79b7619fd17& ↔.
  • Author
        January 16, 2023 at 12:16 pm #38357

A wraith in a mental hospital!  I remember thinking the wraith “spike” was especially creepy, but I don’t remember a ton about this one so looking forward to rewatch!  Also, Sam has anger issues.

Reply | Quote
      • journalbookbinder
          January 16, 2023 at 12:16 pm #38925

I really enjoyed this one. It had the perfect SPN mix…funny, a bit creepy, and unexpectedly revealing in what they say when they start to go insane and when Sam is shot up with drugs. Sooo many good scenes and I remember it was fun the first time trying to figure out who the wraith was. Great creepy wraith makeup. So many misdirects…when Dean started seeing wraiths everywhere and we find out his therapist is not real; it made me wonder what was going on. So it was fun to unravel. Great guest casting in the wraith and the doctor and the crazy make out with everyone lady and the retired hunter. Martin was GREAT. He really made me feel for him as someone who was just incapable of doing what he used to do because he’s just not well enough.

It was fascinating to see inside of Dean’s head…to hear about how he’s not dealing with all the pressure. To hear he only sleeps a few hours every few days and drinks 50 drinks a week.

It was so much fun for them to get to TELL THE TRUTH about what they do because no one would believe them!

I loved so many parts of this one and the monster was really great.

I had a bit of a hard time believing that Sam, with no medical training, could remove a cranium like that (but he didn’t notch it to get it back in the right alignment).

I loved the scene with drugged-up Sam and Dean tolerating him. So good.

A good classic Supernatural episode.

Reply | Quote
        • PigNaPoke
            January 16, 2023 at 12:16 pm #39066

The way the Winchesters scheme their way INTO the Psych ward is so funny to me.

What’s with the creepy CLOWN pics Martin is drawing? HAHA. I’m glad they didn’t kill Martin off right away. He is an interesting addition to the complex hunter world! SO MANY issues. Seeing someone who has actually given up hunting out of guilt and fear is something totally new here. And the actor is excellent.

Very well-written AND acted exchanges between Dean and the female doctor! Love the honesty from Dean. How at first it just seems like a safe bet that no one will believe him anyway and then he’s almost getting emotional about it when she asks just the right questions. And THEN to find out she isn’t even real?! Great surprise.

Good fight scenes between Sam and the orderlies! Sam does a lot of fighting and resisting in this episode.

LOVE the pudding scene, of course! “Crazy works!”

LOVE the scene between Dean and HIGH AS A KITE Sam!! It’s really cute and SO brotherly – heart-felt and truthful. And you can totally see the perfect mix of concern and annoyance in Dean’s face. HA

Overall this is another of those episodes that start with a lot of humor and turn SO dark when their “conscience” is starting to talk to Sam and Dean and we get a glimpse at their very real self-doubt and self-loathing! Really heavy and sad stuff but so excellently interwoven that it makes for great entertainment.

Seeing Dean so scared and confused is both funny as well as heart-breaking at first and then really freaking scary when he feels it’s out of control. Jensen is SO great!

Sam’s reaction to the doctor telling him that his uncontrolled violence is greatly concerning is sad to watch as well. Especially because it sticks with him after the effects of the wraith and the drugs wear off! He is so desperate there at the end when he tells Dean that he scares himself with his anger. It’s a VERY Sam and Dean moment. Sam wanting to talk, Dean needing to bury it.

I very much appreciate the twist that “poor, pathetic” Martin finds the courage and stands up to help. He ISN’T useless, he actually saves Sam from killing the doc, he helps Dean to focus and figure the case out, give him a chance to run, he very much is the hero here.

Kinda jarring that Sam and Dean totally ditch him and leave him in there to face all consequences alone! I always wondered if there was another scene maybe that didn’t make the final cut to explain that?

Another CONVENIENTLY parked Impala in the woods within easy running distance from the looney bin. HEHE.

It’s a very good episode.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by PigNaPokePigNaPoke.
            Reply | Quote
        Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Sam, Interrupted (S5 E11)

Your information: