Let’s all talk about The Girl Next Door (S7 E3)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about The Girl Next Door (S7 E3)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by đź“š Message; TRANSFER 1,001 BTC. Confirm >>> https://out.carrotquest.io/r?hash=YXBwPTYyNTczJmNvbnZlcnNhdGlvbj0xNzI3NDAzODEwMjkwMTQwNjI1JmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja2VkJnVybD1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnRlbGVncmEucGglMkZHby10by15b3VyLXBlcnNvbmFsLWNhYmluZXQtMDUtMTAmcmFpc2Vfb25.
  • Author
        June 5, 2024 at 2:14 pm #132907

Amy Pond. Something fans have never fully forgiven Dean for. I am looking forward to re-watching this one as I remember it to be one of the better episodes of S7.

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          June 5, 2024 at 2:14 pm #136458

This is the fourth episode that starts immediately in the time line after the last one ends! Rare occurrence but showing well that Sam and Dean (and Bobby) really hadn’t have ANY break for quite a while and the situation first with Cas, leading into the Leviathans, is developing fast.

The whole bit at the hospital at the beginning is funny. On first watch I remember being SO RELIEVED to see Bobby again – just like Dean was. And looking so dapper in a full suit and all cleaned up!

I love Rufus’ old cabin, but it would be a TIGHT fit for three grown men!!

I can totally understand Dean’s cabin fever! If he has to result to Spanish Soap Operas…..it’s BAD.

I know you don’t like the Leviathan storyline, but I actually do. It’s something brand new to them (and us) AND so old that info is not easily found about the monsters. This creates a research situation more reminiscent of the earlier seasons where they were more clueless, and I like that. They have to slowly puzzle out the clues about what they are dealing with, really work together. It’s also funny to me that in the end something as simply as borax can hurt them, which kinda makes sense considering that chemical shit didn’t exist when they were created by God. HAHA.

The actual CASE in this episode is a good one. LOVE the flash backs and a real insight into SAM’s first real case. We see him immediately sympathetic to a creature that cannot help its nature. It’s sweet how he asks Dean on the phone how to talk to girls!! LOL. And then he really just needs to beat up the bullies (one of which is the kid from “Dead In the Water”, right?)! Colin Ford is SO good as Sam!! He does it ALL on his own here. When he’s “talking” to Dean and Dad on the phone, we can almost hear them just by the way Sam reacts and talks to them. It is really great acting! And he’s SO hopeful when feeling like Amy really understands him. All for such brief joy, but you can feel it with him.

I really enjoy how present, and past are cut together. We see young Sam kiss Amy and feel like kindred spirits, having a lot in common, then hard cut to Sam confronting adult Amy in the woods and we don’t know anything about what happened to her in the past. It’s pieced together in an interesting way.

I am NOT on board with Dean killing Amy at the end. I never understood why the writers did that. This is NOT like Dean anymore. Especially with a kid involved! Early Season Dean saw black and white, yes, but Dean in Season 7 is not like that anymore. It’s not a knee jerk reaction either. It’s calculated and planned. AFTER he talks to Sam about his thought process on the case and what happened in the past.

Sam had a good reason to trust Amy’s word. AND HE ASKED Dean to trust HIM! That’s the biggest issue I have with this. HATE that!

I don’t have a hard time “forgiving” Dean, because to me this action wasn’t Dean and I will simply ignore it. HAHAHA.

Reply | Quote
      Reply To:

Let’s all talk about The Girl Next Door (S7 E3)

Your information: