Let’s all talk about Two and a Half Men (S6 E2)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Two and a Half Men (S6 E2)

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago by journalbookbinder.
  • Author
        June 2, 2023 at 5:09 pm #58761

Sam, Dean, babies.

Reply | Quote
      • journalbookbinder
          June 2, 2023 at 5:09 pm #60345

I remembered there being SO MUCH more “baby” time in this one!

Again; cheating out on the shifters. Not much more “goo” or a tortured shifting phase. Okay, they explain that away by saying the shifters they are dealing with here are more evolved. It still feels like the easy way out.

The baby idea was cute. And the babies were very cute.

Sam is such a jerk; trying to play on Dean’s doubts (are Ben and Lisa in more danger WITH him around?) to get him back into hunting. But, since he’s soulless (which we don’t know yet) there’s none of the Sam with love there and just seems so cruel. I do give Jared credit for playing this role. I dispute the choice of taking the story in this way. I don’t like it at all.

Lisa is so very understanding. It’s really nice. And the end leaves it open-ended – they can try to stay together and Dean can still hunt. I wish this had lasted for several SEASONS. I really do.

Dean is entirely too happy in the corny, goofy montage at the end where he whips the cover off the Impala. I can only slightly believe this is due to Lisa’s acceptance of his “true self” as a hunter. I do not think he would be THIS happy to leave life with Lisa and Ben – he just admitted to Sam that he was starting to feel like Ben’s father. In order to join a family he doesn’t trust on some mission he’s not entirely up on?

Jensen plays the “wary” role perfectly with Samuel and family. Oh, and the first Campbell cousin bites the dust in this one.

The whole show just feels wrong now. Not after the perfect season 1-5. Dean is still Dean, but that’s about all of the original that remains. I forgot how HUGE a shift this was. And not a great one.

Reply | Quote
        • journalbookbinder
            June 2, 2023 at 5:09 pm #60346

One very weird moment was Dean sort of imitating the baby crying in the store. What was that? Just trying to “talk” back to it? I didn’t get that at all.

I did like the shifter disguising themselves as the kindly lady in the store. And it was later fun to get to see Samuel, Sam, and Dean get to play shifter versions of themselves. Jensen did it especially well.

Reply | Quote
          • PigNaPoke
              June 2, 2023 at 5:09 pm #61737

Yes, it’s a huge shift, I give you that. But I don’t hate it. New creative team comes with some changes. I get that. And I was more than willing to give them a chance if that meant more SPN.

And if you look at the season as a whole, they gave us a lot of great episodes, in season six! Some real classics like Clap your Hands and Frontierland and French Mistake

I hated the weirdness between Sam and Dean at the beginning of the season, but it was clearly a plot point and I kept believing that they will find back together. Especially after Sam says right in the first episode of Season 6 that “it’s just better with you around”. So whatever was wrong with Sam at least didn’t mean he was willing to let him go.

I loved the addition of Lisa and Ben, the challenges that posed for Dean. His instinct to protect them, coupled with the paranoia of always expecting the worst case scenario. Those scenes were great in this episode and during the rest of the season! And something fresh and new to the show. Dean suddenly had somewhat of a new ally. She was patient and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt when he messed up and made the huge decision that SOME of Dean was better than none of Dean. Willing to give him the space he needed to make himself stay sane. I really enjoyed all that. Dean suddenly had unwavering support from another partner. That made up for a lot of the oddness with Sam.

The story line of Sam not having a soul was also really interesting to me and I thought they did an excellent job of trying to figure out what that actually means and how it would change Sam. And Jared did GREAT at portraying it.

This CASE however, wasn’t my thing at all. The baby stuff was kinda cute but also silly. The jokes were too obvious with the whole men don’t know how to deal with kids trope is TIRED. And the way we find out about Alphas is convoluted and kinda boring.

And I REALLY disliked the Campbells, however, Dean’s conflict with and distrust of them makes it interesting to watch and Mitch is so so good and easy to hate. LOL

The beginning of season 6 definitely feels like WE ARE DEAN! Confused and thrown out of our comfort zone, but determined to keep going and figuring it out. It’s unsettling and uncomfortable, but I don’t hate it.

His talk with Lisa at the end of this episode is wonderful. Open and honest, full of self-doubt, Dean is not “our” confident hunter right there, but he is BRAVE enough to let himself be vulnerable and admit to Lisa that he’s scaring himself and doesn’t want to be like his own father. He trusts her to understand OR send him packing, basically giving his fate into her hands. And then he’s surprised by her open-minded answer.  LOVE THAT.

And I didn’t see the Impala montage as goofy. To me he looks proud of his car and relieved of not having to make an either/or decision. I didn’t read it as happy to be leaving his family, but as happy to get back to his purpose AND have a family to come back to. Big difference.

It’s almost like Lisa’s unquestioning support of Dean here replaces Sam in some ways. Or at least makes up for Sam’s LACK of support at the moment.

Reply | Quote
          Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Two and a Half Men (S6 E2)

Your information: