Alex Annie Alexis Ann
airdate: April 22, 2014
directed by Stefan Pleszczynski
written by Robert Berens
|SHERIFF MILLS TRIES TO SAVE A YOUNG GIRL FROM A VAMPIRE NEST -- Sheriff Mills calls Sam and Dean after she kills a vampire who attacked a prisoner named Annie. They discover Annie was kidnapped by a family of vampires who use her as bait to lure in humans they can then feed on. Sheriff Mills tries to rescue Annie from her captors, but finds out the hard way that family always comes first.|
- Dean (to Sam) - “Look at me. Look at me, b*tch!”
- Dean (to Sam) - “Killing things that need killing is kind of our job. Last I checked, taking pleasure in that is not a crime.”
- Sheriff Mills (to Dean and Sam) - "You want me to enlist my men in a protection detail against vampires? Frank’s still in the dark about what hit him last night. The guy still has nightmares about the barn episode of Walking Dead.”
- Dean (to Derek) - "Your blood-sucking, body-chipping vamp, that’s bad enough. But vamps that kidnap kids? Well, I’m going to enjoy putting you down.”
|Motivation: wants to keep Alex as her daughter, replacing her own child who died.|
|Fate: killed by Alex|
- Is Dean falling ever further under the influence of the Mark of Cain?
- Does Sam suspect Dean is changing and if so, why isn't he trying to help him?
- Will Sam ever find out what the Mark of Cain is doing to his brother and what the consequences of using the First Blade will be for Dean?
- Is Sam ever going to make things right between him and Dean? - How?
- Where has Abaddon disappeared to?
- Will Cas join forces with Malachi and his angels to fight Metatron?
- Jody is now hunting on her own
- Dean seems to be enjoying killing monsters a lot more than he should!
- Dean IS changing under the influence of the Mark or the Blade. He's much stronger physically - stronger even than a vampire!
- Jody admits she is still suffering from the grief of losing her husband and son
- Alex's real name is Annie Jones. She was kidnapped by vampires when she was a child
- The episode's title is likely a pun on the title of a 2011 drama "Marcy Martha May Marlene" about a woman who continues to suffer traumas after escaping from a cult
- Dean and Sam first learned of the vampire cure when Dean got turned by a vampire in season 6 "Live Free or TwiHard". The cure is a Campbell family recipe the brothers learned from Samuel Campbell
- Jody: "The guy still has nightmares about the barn episode of Walking Dead." This refers to the AMC TV series based on the graphic novel series by Robert Kirkman. The series takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where the apocalypse is the unleashing of plague that transforms individuals into undead "walkers." The "barn episode" is Season 2's "Pretty Much Dead Already", when the main characters face a barn filled with walkers.
- Annie: "Wilson and Fisher? You two FBI than I'm Taylor Swift." This refers to Roger Fisher and the Wilson sisters (Ann, and then later Nancy) who are members of the band "Heart"; Taylor Swift is a county music singer
- Jody suggests that Annie/Alex has a case of "vampiric Stockholm syndrome". Stockholm syndrome is a psychological condition/survival strategy in which someone being held captive begins to identify with and sympathize with the captors
- When Dean is defending his behavior, he says to Sam that he won't "put on a hair shirt" as a display of regret about killing a vampire. Traditionally, hair shirts are garments made of goat hair or camel hair and the material is very coarse. Religious penitents might wear a hair shirt as a shirt-type garment or as a covering over the loins as a form of self-mortification
- "If You Wanna Get to Heaven" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils(plays when Alex lures a victim into the nest)
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about ALEX ANNIE ALEXIS ANN (page: 1 2 3)||46||Apr 25 2014, 3:24 AM EDT by spnfanforever|
Thread started: Apr 16 2014, 7:51 AM EDT Watch
Let us know what you're looking forward to in next week's vampire episode.
Will there be any developments in Dean's struggle with the Mark of Cain and the power of the First Blade?
- And of course tell us your thoughts about the episode after it airs...