DEVIL MAY CARE
Airdate: October 15, 2013
Directed by Guy Norman Bee
Written by Andrew Dabb
|ABADDON RISES --- Dean shocks Sam by popping open the trunk of the Impala and showing him that he has kidnapped Crowley. Kevin freaks out when he sees the King of Hell, but Sam and Dean convince him that they need Crowley to find the demons on Earth. Meanwhile, Abaddon re-emerges and plans to take over Hell.|
More Photos from Devil May Care
- Dean to Sam: “I would’ve loved nothing better than to ice that limey b*tch, but then I thought to myself: What would Sam Winchester do?"
Sam to Dean: "I’d have stabbed him in the brain."
- Crowley (to Dean and Sam):"Torture? Brilliant. Can’t wait to see Sam in stilettos and a leather bustier, really putting the S.A.M. into S&M. Honestly, boys, what are you gonna do to me that I don’t do to myself just for kicks every Friday night?”
- Dean (to Kevin): "He will break. And when he does, we’ll hold him down while you knife him. Then we all go out for ice cream and strippers."
- Abaddon to Dean: "I’ve loved this body since the moment I first saw it. You’re the perfect vessel, Dean. You give a girl all sorts of nasty ideas. So go ahead and play hard to get. And I’ll peel off this 'No Demons Allowed' tattoo and blow smoke up your a**.”
- Dean (to Sam): "You took a shot to the head and I came in and saved your a**, like usual. I took them by surprise. They got a little messy, I got a little lucky. Oh, and I’m awesome, so there’s that.”
|Olivia Ryan Stern
- Is Ezekiel on the level? - Is he healing Sam? If so, will he voluntarily leave when Sam is healed?
- Will Sam find out he's possessed? If so, what will he do?
- Can Abaddon take over Hell?
- Is Crowley still a full demon, or is the unfinished Third Trial still affecting him?Will he eventually capitulate and give the Winchesters what they want?
- Will the angels find Cas?
- If the bunker is warded against demons, how did Sam walk Crowley through the front door?
- Will Kevin and the Winchesters find a way to reverse Metatron’s spell?
- Is Crowley lying? Could Mrs. Tran still be alive?
- Isn’t it odd that Tracy didn’t ask what happened to Irv? She was with Dean when Irv got killed
- Abaddon is alive! A demon has managed to restore her former vessel and return her to it.
- The bunker’s security system went into automatic lockdown when the angels fell
- Dean and Sam want Crowley to reveal the names of every demon on earth and the people they’re possessing
- If Abaddon gets her way, she will rule all the demons in hell. Then, her minions will sweep across the planet and force humanity and the angels to bow to her
- Tracy blamed Sam for what happened to her family
- Sam says he feels happy with his life for the first time ever
- The town where Abaddon took her hostages was near Eugene, Oregon. It was the site of a chemical accident that forced residents to abandon an entire town. This incident and the deserted town appear to be fictional. However, in 2012 there was a chemical accident at a milk processing plant near Eugene Oregon that could have released toxic fumes into the air and endangered the surrounding population if the accident hadn't been successfully managed by first responders
- When Sam expressed worry about Castiel safely making it to the bunker, Dean said that if things go “Breaking Bad” Cas will call them. "Breaking Bad" (2008 - present) is a television series about a chemistry teacher who turns to manufacturing narcotics to financially support his family
- Dean compares the fallen angels to “loose nukes”, alluding to a situation when the Soviet Union fell and some of their nuclear weapons went missing. There was global concern at the time that the weapons may have fallen into the hands of terrorists
- Dean jokingly refers to Crowley as the "Junk in my trunk”. In urban slang, that term normally refers to a woman's rear end in a complimentaryway-- especially when her buttocks is large
- Dean told Sam they should “Zero Dark Thirty” Crowley to learn what he knows. "Zero Dark Thirty" (2012) was a film drama dealing with military personnel using torture during interrogations following the terrorist attacks of 2001
- Dean calls Kevin “Katniss” when he misses with the crossbow. Katniss Everdeen is a protagonist in the "Hunger Games" fantasy/sci-fi books (2008 - 2010) and movies (2012 - present); she uses arrows to hunt
- Kevin refers to himself as "I'm Kevin freakin' Solo", alluding to the popular character Han Solo from the "Star Wars" film franchise (1977 - present)
- Dean and Sam use fed aliases "Agents Stark and Banner”, referring to two superheroes - Tony "Iron Man" Stark and Bruce "The Incredible Hulk" Banner from the Marvel Comic books and films, including "The Avengers"
- Dean and Irv talked about how when Bobby drank Labatts, he’d tell a war story about hunting conjoined twin werewolves in Sackatoon, Canada. Labatts is a popular Canadian beer
- When Dean and Sam identify multiple demon signs pointing to Abaddon, Dean jokes “I’ll take demons for a thousand, Alex.” This refers to the long-running television game show Jeopardy (1964 - present) and its popular host, Alex Trebek
- Dean commented that the demons' meat suits "...took a lickin' but the demon inside kept 'em tickin'." This is a play on the slogan "Takes a licking but keeps on ticking" popularizedby the advertisements for Timex wristwatches, suggesting that the watches are durable and last for a long time
- Dean says to Sam that he thought Sam "Kentucky Fried" Abaddon, referring to the American fast food franchise "Kentucky Fried Chicken" or "KFC". In Sacrifice, Sam burned Abaddon's vessel with holy oil
- Dean calls Abaddon’s soldiers "Seal Team Douche" as an insult. The elite Navy SEAL teams are renowned for their courage and effectiveness in combat
- When the demon fight is over, Dean jokes that “Burgers and Silkwood showers are on me”. "Silkwood" (1983) was a drama about a worker at a nuclear plant who becomes exposed to radiation while trying to report safety hazards at the facility
- "Rockin' Down the Highway" by The Doobie Brothers (plays when the monster picks Tracy up by the roadside)
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 9x03: I'M NO ANGEL
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about DEVIL MAY CARE here!||14||Oct 25 2013, 5:54 PM EDT by spnfanforever|
Thread started: Oct 2 2013, 3:27 PM EDT Watch
Let us know what you think about this episode!
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page