I THINK I'M GONNA LIKE IT HERE
Airdate: October 8, 2013
Directed by John F. Showalter
Written by Jeremy Carver
|Dean is frantic after Sam collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won’t make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel, gets to him first. Meanwhile, while Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so, Castiel struggles to survive without powers.|
- Dean (in prayer): "Cas, are you there? Sammy's hurt. He's hurt, uh, he's hurt pretty bad. And, um... I know you think that I'm pissed at you. Okay, but I don't care that the angels fell. So whatever you did or didn't do, it doesn't matter. Okay, we'll work it out. Please, Man, I need you here."
- Bobby to Sam: "You gotta let go of fightin' and scratchin' and lookin' for loopholes. Because that ain't happenin'"
Sam to Bobby: "So... so what, I just die?"
Bobby to Sam: "Just die? All the good you've done, all the people you've saved, all the sacrifices you've made. You saved the world, son. How many people can say that? How many people can say that they have left this godforsaken hunk of dirt that much a better place? What you call dyin', I call leavin' a legacy.
- Grief counselor (Kim) to Dean: “I’m afraid as hard as this may be, this might be a good time to talk…about the inevitable.”
Dean to Kim: “Look, I’m sure you’re a nice person and that you mean well. But ‘inevitable’? That’s a fightin’ word where I come from. There’s always a way.”
- Ezekiel (to angel who is attacking Dean): “Easy there, brother. This young man has prayed for our assistance. Are we creatures of wrath, or compassion? I would argue the latter.”
- Dean (to the angel who's beaten him up): "Anybody ever tell you you hit like an angel?"
- Sam to Dean: "You've been driving around with me passed out in the passenger's seat for a day?"
Dean to Sam: "Oh, I mean, I stopped, you know, let a few Japanese tourists take some pictures. Nobody got too handsy."
- Dean to Sam: “There ain’t no me if there ain’t no you.”
- Will Sam find out he's being possessed by Ezekiel? If so, what will he do? Will Ezekiel be able to save Sam?
- Will Sam forgive Dean for bringing him back to life like this, and keeping it a secret?
- Will Castiel evade the angels and get his powers back?
- What will Metatron do now that all the angels are out of heaven?
- Is Crowley back to being a full demon?
- What will Dean do with Crowley? And how long will he be able to keep him under control?
- Where is Abaddon and what are her plans?
- Sam is dying after the Trials. We suspected it but it's true, and only an angel possessing him can heal him
- With Castiel’s grace gone, he couldn’t hear Dean’s prayer. But he can still hear angel radio. When Anna (season 4) didn’t have her grace, she could still hear angel radio, too. She could also still move things using telekinesis. Does Castiel still have any angelic abilities?
- It seems that all the angels, including Castiel, lost their wing when they fell. They can no longer teleport
- Many of the recently-fallen angels are circling he world looking for vessels. Some are hunting for the Winchesters and Castiel, to punish them for what happened to heaven and the angels. If Ezekiel was correct, there may be thousands of angels looking for Castiel and theWinchesters
- Ezekiel says that he and some other angels still believe in Castiel, the Winchesters, and their mission
- If Hael was telling the truth, she built the Grand Canyon
- Sam ended up at Linwood Memorial Hospital in Randolph, New York. We don't know how far that is from the church in "Sacrifice", but it seems reasonable that Dean would've taken his dying brother to the closest emergency hospital he could find. Although Randolph New York is an actual place, Linwood Memorial Hospital is fictional
- Castiel landed on Longmont, Colorado. It would've taken him and Hael approximately 12 hours to drive to the Grand Canyon
- The episode's title "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" is from the Broadway musical "Annie", about an orphaned girl (Annie) who is adopted by a wealthy man. She sings the song when she arrives at the mansion where she'll be living
- Hael tells Castiel that she built the Grand Canyon, one of the world's most populartourist destinations. This national park is located in Arizona and is 277 miles long, 18 miles wide, and 1.6 miles deep
- When Dean was fighting the angel, he taunted her by saying “You hit like an angel.” This is a play on the insult "You hit like a girl" which implies that a person's punches are weak andineffective
- Dean alluded to Death's fondness for junk food when he said he would've brought "cronuts" -- a pastry creation that is a combination of a doughnut and acroissant
- "Who Do You Love?" by George Thorogood & The Destroyers (plays during the recap)
- "Spanish Serenade" - by Juan Vicente Zambrano/5 Alarm Music (plays when Castiel is in the laundromat)
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 9x02: DEVIL MAY CARE
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about I THINK I'M GONNA LIKE IT HERE now!||14||Oct 9 2013, 4:24 PM EDT by spnfanforever|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page