|GOOD GOD Y'ALL
airdate: September 17, 2009
directed by: Philip Sgriccia
written by: Sera Gamble
|At the hospital, Bobby figures Castiel will be able to heal him, but Cas confesses that he is cut off from heaven, and there are certain things he cannot do. But he knows of someone who can -- and can defeat Lucifer: God. He goes off to seek Him. Meanwhile, Hunter Rufus Turner calls Bobby from a Colorado town, looking for help with a demon infestation. Sam and Dean drive out, but they soon discover the truth is much more horrifying. There are no demons -- people are killing each other, each thinking others are demons, because the first of the Four Horsemen (War) is in town!|
- Bobby: When you find God, tell him to bring legs!
- Dean: [when Cas takes his amulet] Oh, great ... now I feel naked.
- Ellen: [about Jo] She may be an idiot, but she's not stupid.
|Steven Williams||Alona Tal|
- Where will Sam go?
- Where is God, and can Cas find Him?
- Bobby first gave the "finding God"amulet to Sam (as a Christmas gift for his Dad, but Sam gave it to Dean instead), but how and from where did Bobby get it?
- Ellen and Jo have been hunting together for some time.
- Like a junkie, Sam still craves blood.
- When the going gets (really) tough, Dean doesn't run into the fray as usual -- he actual wants to have a plan.
- In the New Testament, the "four horsemen of the apocalypse" appear as a vision of powers summoned and empowered by God to help bring on the destruction at the end of the world. Scholars disagree about exactly what they represent, but they are often referred to as Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.
- War (featured in this episode) rides a red horse -- updated here to a "cherry mustang," and wields a sword, though this version of the horseman had a ring with the power to make humans kill one another.
- The title, "Good God, Y'all" offers a clue about this episode. The phrase is part of the refrain of the song "War" by Edwin Starr
- Dean looks at the ring they take off the Horseman and says, "Pit stop at Mount Doom?" This is a reference to the One Ring in Lord of the Rings which could only be destroyed by being plunged into the fire pit in Mount Doom.
More Episode Name Allusions
- Recap Song: "Long, Long Way from Home" by Foreigner
- When the Winchesters get to River Pas, CO, the song playing is "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum (performed by Gareth Gates).
- Sam decides to stop hunting but has a hard time after he receives a surprise visit. Dean and Castiel try to find the Archangel Raphael in their bid to stop the Apocalypse.
|Latest page update: made by spnfanforever , May 22 2013, 12:32 AM EDT|
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|WingedCerberus||Dean's Pendant||1||May 21 2013, 11:57 PM EDT by spnfanforever|
|lucy_supernatural||So keep... your opinions... to yourself.||0||Feb 25 2012, 10:45 PM EST bylucy_supernatural|
|DeansGirl666||Are you excited for next week?(page: 1 2)||22||Sep 17 2009, 5:24 AM EDT by SuperZu|
|adamboy||family||0||Jul 28 2009, 9:02 PM EDT by adamboy|
|adamboy||family||0||Jul 28 2009, 8:57 PM EDT by adamboy|