|FREE TO BE YOU AND ME
airdate: September 24, 2009
directed by: J. Miller Tobin
written by: Jeremy Carver
|Sam has gone off on his own, not trusting himself to continue hunting. But a late-night visitor in the form of Jessica tells Sam that there is more in store for him. Dean and Castiel team up to trap the archangel Raphael since Cas believes Raphael knows the location of God's vessel on earth. Meanwhile, three hunters find Sam, go off to fight the demons that Sam called Bobby about, and two come back saying a demon said something about him -- and Sam admits he started the apocalypse. They try to make Sam drink demon blood so he can vanquish the demons that killed their partner, but he fights them off, only to be visited by Lucifer later (in a dream?) with news that Sam is his true vessel ... and Lucifer will find him and convince him. Meanwhile, having been told by Raphael that God is dead, Dean convinces Cas to keep looking, knowing something about missing fathers. Then he says he feels better being on his own, rather than chained to his family as he's always been ... but does he really?|
- Dean: We're humans. When we want something really, really bad, we lie.
- Castiel: Why?
Dean: Because -- that's how you become president.
- Castiel: [to Dean] You're Michael's vessel, and no angel will dare harm you.
- Dean: [to Castiel] Last time you zapped me somewhere, I didn't poop for a week. We're driving.
- Will Sam be strong enough to resist Lucifer?
- Can Castiel find God, assuming he truly is still alive?
- How will the apocalypse manifest next?
- Cas tells Dean that if Michael uses him as his vessel, he will not come out of it well.
- Lucifer reveals that Sam is his true vessel -- but her needs to find Sam and convince him to give permission to come in.
- Dean professes to feel better than ever, not chained to his family or always looking out for Sam.
- Sam stays at the Great Plains Motel in Garber, Oklahoma, which doesn't exist. But there is a Great Plains Motel in Lincoln, NE, and in Perryton, TX.
- The names that appear when Sam scrolls through his cell phone are Adele, Alana, Bobby, Brook, Butcher, Cassidy, Cory, Courtenay, Dan, Darilyn, Deborah, and Dean.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Simple Man"
- In one scene, Dean introduces himself as Det. Bill Buckner. This is the name of is a former Major League Baseball player for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox, California Angels and Kansas City Royals. He played for over twenty years and accumulated over 2700 career hits but is most remembered for his crucial fielding error during Game Six of the 1986 World Series, an incident that has been seared into American sports lore.
- Dean tells a vampire he's killing to "Eat it, Twilight," alluding to the hit Twilight book and film series (does this mean Dean has read the books or seen the first movie?).
- Dean refers to the archangel Raphael as the "teenage mutant ninja angel," a reference to the ninja turtle Raphael.
- Sam tells Dean he wants to rejoin him in the battle of the apocalypse, but Dean says they are better off apart. Later, Dean awakens five years in the future in an abandoned city, where he is attacked by humans who have been infected with a demonic virus that turns them into zombies. Zachariah appears and explains that this is the world that exists as a result of Dean refusing to help the angels to fight Lucifer. Dean meets up with a future Dean, who tells him that the virus is the Devil's endgame for destroying mankind.
Showing 5 threads
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|lucy_supernatural||Eat it, Twilight!||0||Feb 26 2012, 9:37 PM EST by lucy_supernatural|
|U2er||Wonder if we'll see Raphael again....||5||Apr 22 2010, 7:11 AM EDT by U2er|
|WiddleShamrock||This episode had the WOW factor for me||1||Dec 16 2009, 6:10 PM EST by greatsayain|
|SuperZu||SOS for FTBYAM!||9||Sep 25 2009, 3:25 AM EDT by 1983Sarah|
|adamboy||family||0||Jul 28 2009, 8:54 PM EDT by adamboy|