Episode 11.19: The Chitters
Episode Title: Hell's Angel
Air date: April 6, 2016
Directed by: Phil Sgriccia
Written by: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming
|Uncomfortable alliances are taking shape, as Crowley agrees to help the Winchesters battle Amara and Lucifer, while Rowena plays a dangerous game of double agent with Amara.|
- Dean to Crowley - "I don't jig."
- Crowley - "I would rather stick white hot skewers in my eyes than listen to you two bitc**s bicker!"
- Dean to Crowley - "Nice digs. The Crypt Keeper out of town?"
- Lucifer/Castiel to the angels - "You know what they say. He who hesitates disintegrates."
- Lucifer - "Humanity brought us Hiroshima and got a re-do."
|Ruth Connell ("Rowena")||Emily Swallow ("Amara")|
|Mark Pellegrino ("Lucifer")||Andrew Wheeler
- If Amara is god's sister, why can't she read minds? If she could, Rowena wouldn't be able to betray her.
- Will the Winchesters be able to save Castiel? Or will god?
- Will one of the hand-of-god weapons actually work against Amara, if wielded by the right individual?
- Between Lucifer and Amara, which story line will be resolved this season, and which one will be carried over into season 12?
- Where will Rowena go, now that Amara probably knows she can't trust her?
- What does Rowena really want?
- Rowena implanted a spell inside her body to stop her from dying.
- Rowena can heal illness and injury; at least, she can cure god's sister from the effects of an angel smiting. What else can Rowena do that we haven't seen yet?
- In order to be most effective, the hand-of-god weapons have to be wielded by one of god's chosen.
- Lucifer contradicted himself when talking to the angels. After saying that humanity was evil and useless, he said they invented the Prius, which actually works.
- Crowley possessed Sam's vessel in season 9 "Road Trip" when Sam was possessed by Gadreel, just as he possessed Castiel's vessel in this episode.
- The actor who played the archaeologist in this episode is Andrew Wheeler, who also played Alistair in "Death Takes a Holiday".
- When Amara sends her blast into heaven and disturbs the sky on Earth, Crowley, Dean and Sam step outside to look at the sky. The skyscraper next to them clearly has the letters "AKF", which is the acronym for Jared Padalecki's "Always Keep Fighting" campaigns.
- The Crypt Keeper is a muppet/puppet television personality that hosts the "Tales from the Crypt" television show.
- According to biblical tradition, Joshua blew his horn to cause the walls of the city of Jericho to collapse, winning a battle victory for the Hebrews.
- The Prius is a hybrid engine car.
- Dr. Phil is a television personality who gives relationship advice.