- Hometown is San Antonio, Texas.
- Currently lives in Austin, Texas, and in Vancouver, Canada (during filming).
- Has the same manager as Freddie Prinze Jr..
- Won Fox TV's "Claim To Fame" Contest and appeared at the 1999 Teen Choice Awards as a presenter. This appearance was where he met his manager.
- Has been taking acting classes since he was 12.
- Graduated from James Madison High School in 2000.
- Has an older brother, Jeff, and a younger sister, Megan.
- Favorite book is "The Great Gatsby".
- Favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate chip cookie dough.
- His favorite movie is Good Will Hunting (1997).
- Weekend attire is t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, or anything that's comfortable.
- Favorite food is cheeseburger with mustard lettuce and tomato.
- Born in 1982, he is the youngest cast member of the TV series "Gilmore Girls" (2000), approximately a year younger than Alexis Bledel.
- He is the second tallest male cast member of "Gilmore Girls" (2000), standing about 3 inches taller than Scott Patterson and about 1 to 2 inches shorter than Edward Herrmann.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in the proposed relaunch of the Superman film franchise.
- Favorite band is Our Lady Peace.
- He is four years younger than his TV older brother, Jensen Ackles.
- He and classmate Chris Cardenas together won the National Forensics League national championship in Duo Interpretation in 1998.
- He and his Supernatural co-star Jensen Ackles were voted People Magazine's "Sexiest Ghostbusters" in 2005.
- Close friends with actor Chad Michael Murray; they met on the set of "Gilmore Girls" (2000). They also starred in the remake of 1953's House of Wax (2005).
- Good friends with actor Derek Lee Nixon & Director Andrew Pozza from San Antonio, Texas.
- Is best friends with Jensen Ackles, his on screen brother in "Supernatural" (2005).
- He is of Polish descent.
- One of his rivals on "Gilmore Girls" (2000) was Tristan. Tristan is Jared's middle name. Ultimately, Chad Michael Murray, who played Tristan became one of his good friends.
- He is lactose intolerant, but still eats dairy products like Cold Stone ice cream. He says it's worth the tummy ache.
- His mother, Sherri, is an English teacher at East Central High School in San Antonio.
- Formerly engaged to long-term girlfriend Sandra McCoy. Their relationship began in 2005 while filming Cry Wolf, and ended mid 2009.
- Married Genevieve Padalecki (formerly Cortese) whom he met on the set of Supernatural. Genevieve played the demon, Ruby, in season four.
- Has two sons with his wife Genevieve; Thomas Colton Padalecki, and Austin Shepard Padalecki (known as Shepard).
- His two dogs, Harley and Sadie, became firm favorites with fans. Harley died of cancer in late 2011.
- As of September 2009 he can benchpress 335 pounds!
- Close friends with Stephen Amell from the hit CW series, Arrow.
- Dislocated his shoulder while play wrestling with co-star Osric Chau (Kevin Tran) in the green room at the Jus in Bello Convention in Rome (2014). His bodyguard confirmed that the shoulder was broken as well as dislocated. The injury required surgery.
- Is a self-confessed Star Wars 'geek'.
- His first manager wanted him to change his surname because he thought Padalecki would be too difficult for people to pronounce.
- "Anywhere I can be with my family" - Jared on the happiest place on earth.
- When asked about his superstitions: "Whenever I drive under a yellow light, I always kiss my finger and tap it on the roof of the car. And I do that when I get onto a plane as well!"
- "I'm so happy with my family, my career and my friends, and I'd like for them to be here forever, so I guess loss is what scares me the most. - On the thing that scares him the most.
- "I'm a little self-conscious about my body. I love to wear hoodies because you can get cozy and eat some food and your belly doesn't show!"
- On love: "Don't place expectations on someone. Enjoy the time you have together, and let it go where it goes."
- "I love cookies baking. During the winter, they have these candles that smell like cookies, and I always buy like a hundred of them."
- "My drama coach gave me a lot of self-confidence when I wasn't sure of myself."
- "Just be yourself and the right guy will come along, whether it be today, tomorrow, or next year. It'll happen!"
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Winchester1983||omg||0||Aug 24 2010, 6:42 AM EDT by Winchester1983|
Thread started: Aug 24 2010, 6:42 AM EDT Watch
omg hes so right and hes so sweet hes an look up to guy and one day i will meet jared and say that he is the right guy for someone to give advice and hes sorta like me i luv baking cookies in the winter and i luv the cookie smelling candles and yes i would buy hundreds of them
|deanis2die4||luv||0||Oct 17 2009, 2:57 PM EDT by deanis2die4|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page