- Graduated from L. V. Berkner High School, Richardson, Texas in 1996.
- Has one brother, Joshua, approximately three years older, and one sister, Mackenzie, approximately seven years younger.
- Was a child model at age 4, then quit, and started again at age 10.
- Played baseball and lacrosse in high school.
- Fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Planned to study sports medicine at Texas Tech University and become a physical therapist, before he decided to move to LA to give acting a try.
- Enjoys horseback riding.
- 1993 graduate of Apollo Junior High School in Richardson, TX.
- 1990 graduate of Dartmouth Elementary School in Richardson, Texas.
- Was runner up to Tom Welling for the role of Clark Kent on "Smallville" (2001). Was brought onto the show in season 4 as Lana's boyfriend.
- Also sings and plays guitar.
- He is the son of actor Alan Ackles.
- Jensen's parents named him Jensen because they considered other names but found them too common It took them three days to name him; Jensen was the last name of someone listed in the hymnal at their church. Ackles, Jensen's last name, is pronounced like 'Cackles' without a 'C' Good friends with LeAnn Rimes and Christian Kane.
- His career has an ongoing theme of dealing with demonic forces. His character's mother, "Marlena" on "Days of Our Lives" (1965), was possessed by the Devil. In the movie Devour (2005), he was the son of "Satan". On his television series, "Supernatural" (2005), his character battles the forces of hell.
- His parents were going to name him Justin but his parents thought it was too common.
- Is of Irish, English, and Scottish ancestry.
- He is a keen photographer and is always taking photos on the set of "Supernatural" (2005).
- Was offered a role as Eliza Dushku's love interest on "Tru Calling" (2003), but chose to take a role on "Smallville" (2001) instead. Eric Christian Olsen was eventually given the role and the character's name was changed to Jensen.
- His first name is actually a surname and is the most common surname in Denmark.
- Jensen's favorite city is Austin, Texas.
- Jensen used to wear contact lenses. In May 2009, he had lasik eye surgery.
- Jensen has recently taken up golfing. He admits he isn't very good but claims he was hooked after going out to the golf course with Tom Welling of Smallville.
- Jensen's favorite songs include Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley and Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Jensen's father, Alan Ackles, is also an actor. He appeared on episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger and Dallas. Jensen has also worked with his father in the movie Devour.
- Jensen's favorite season is fall.
- Jensen's first modeling gig was when he was just 2 years old.
- Jensen's most treasured possession is the necklace he had made in honor of his best friend, who was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.
- Some actors Jensen admires include Anthony Hopkins, Jim Caviezel, Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, and Ewan McGregor
- Jensen likes country music. His favorite musician is Garth Brooks. He sings back-up vocals on good friend Steve Carlson's albums Spot in the Corner and Rollin' On
- Sings lead vocals on the song Angeles on the Steve Carlson album Sharing The Covers.
- Jensen modeled when he was four years old, and took a break until he was ten. His school friends teased him, but when he bought a car with his earnings at age 16, he got the last laugh!
- In 2002, Jensen dated Lisa Rideg, a student at UCLA.
- Jensen favorite dessert is dark chocolate.
- Jensen owns a dog Cockapoo, named Icarus.
- Jensen's favorite midnight snack is animal crackers.
- Active on Twitter @jensenackles
- Made his directorial debut on the 2010 Supernatural episode Weekend at Bobby's.
- "When I was in middle school, some of my so-called friends found a catalog ad I did for Superman pajamas. They made as many copies as they could and pasted them up all over school." - on his most embarrassing moment.
- Being from Texas, I would say I favor a pair of jeans you can wear some boots with.
- [On Dean Winchester's reaction to his father's death on _"Supernatural" (2005)_] "A lot of issues, yeah. Dean's definitely having issues on camera. I'm just having issues because I don't get to hang out with him [Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played John] anymore."
- "I love the smell of shampoo on a girls hair. You can walk past someone and be like-- Wow, you took a shower this morning, didn't you? Because you smell lovely."
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|supernatrualsweetie||Jensen's guitar playing||1||Feb 9 2014, 4:00 PM EST by spnfanforever|
|SupErnaTuralFREAK136||Alona and Jensen||1||Jul 16 2011, 1:50 AM EDT by rosaile_28|
|SupErnaTuralFREAK136||Alona and Jensen||1||Feb 10 2011, 6:49 AM EST by MaryDallas|
|deanis2die4||luv||0||Oct 17 2009, 2:49 PM EDT by deanis2die4|