Episode 11.14: The Vessel
Season 11: Episode 13
airdate: February 10, 2016
directed by Phil Sgriccia
written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder
|Unable to find any information on Amara's current whereabouts, Sam and Dean check out a case where people's hearts are being ripped out of their chests. They not only unravel a mystery, but learn a lot more about each other along the way.|
- IT WAS VALENTINE'S DAY. I CAN'T HELP IT IF I'M A HOPELESS ROMANTIC.
- Dean to Sam when he's hung over the day after Valentine's Day.
YOU GOT HALF OF THAT RIGHT.
- Sam's reply to Dean
- OH DON'T ACT ALL FAKE-OFFENDED.
- Dean to suspect Dan
- WELL, STEP ASIDE URKEL.
- Dean to Sam when he has some evidence and Sam has none.
- UH, I THINK I'LL PASS. I'M GONNA HIT THE LORE. YOU GO BE YOU.
- Sam to Dean as Dean heads out to try to get lucky again.
- HEY, WHAT'S A "DAD BOD"?
- Dean to Sam after failing to get lucky.
- I'M CONFUSED.
- Melissa to Dean
YEAH, THAT'S 'CAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN' CONFUSING.
- Dean to Melissa
- WITCH-KILLING BULLETS.
- Sam to Dean on the ammunition he chose.
YOU GOTTA COME UP WITH A BETTER NAME THAN THAT.
- Dean to Sam
|Luciana Carro (Melissa)||Jim Thorburn (Dan)|
|Venus Terzo (Sonya)||Emily Swallow (Qareen in the form of Amara)|
|The Qareen took several physical forms here; for Dean, it took the form of Amara.||
Episode 12: Don't You Forget About Me
- When will Sam and Dean find out that Cas is not Cas?
- Will Dean be able to kill a monster that only looks like Amara?
- What form would the Qareen have taken if it had to embody Sam's deepest, darkest desire (sadly, we'll never know).
- Amara is Dean's deepest, darkest desire (well, that's a revelation to Sam, anyway).
- Dean finally admits to Sam that he feels he might be powerless against Amara; as much as he wants to kill her, he just knows deep down that he can't.
- Sam reassures Dean that "he's got this" and doesn't blame Dean in any way for his connection to Amara; he knows Dean can't help it.
- Sam is mature and wonderful and does not blame Dean for keeping his secret about Amara all this time; he knows Dean's deeply embarrassed by it and doesn't make the situation worse by getting upset or mocking him.
- Dean has harbored a crush on Daisy Duke since he was seven years old (and would take either the Catherine Bach version or the Jessica Simpson version).
- Dean FINALLY WINS at a game of rock-paper-scissors, and then doesn't claim his prize of being the one who gets to go check things out upstairs; he doesn't care; he's just glad he won.
- Dean leaves some money under the cinderblock near the shattered sliding glass door of the motel room to help cover the cost of the damage.
- Sam and Dean are staying at the "Too Tired Motel" and the room divider screen is made up of tires and lug nut wrenches.
- Sam and Dean have a long history of using rock-paper-scissors to decide who does what, but we haven't seen them do this in a very long time.
- Dean plays the self-sacrificing hero yet again by kissing Melissa and taking on her curse to get the monster's attention off of her.
- The clips at the start of this episode reference Dean's name for Valentine's Day, "Unattached Drifter Christmas" and he lives up to that name by going out and getting drunk, getting a hickey, and, we assume, getting laid on Valentine's Day while Sam stays home at the bunker; Dean hasn't done this for a very long time. We also haven't heard a mention of "Unattached Drifter Christmas" in a very long time.
- "Heartbreak" by the James Hunter Six