Episode 14 Season 14
airdate: March 7, 2019
directed by Amyn Kaderali
written by Steve Yockey
Sam and Dean and Cas and Jack track (with tracking spell help from Rowena) what appears to be a serial killer but turns out to be a gorgon demi-God. While fighting the gorgon, Dean is gravely injured, allowing Michael to escape, posses Rowena, and slaughter all of the Apocalypse World hunters in the bunker. When Michael makes a move to kill Cas and the Winchesters, Jack steps in and uses his considerable powers to force Michael out of Rowena, destroy him, and consume his Grace. This restores Jack's angel powers, making Jack whole again, but it's likely that Jack's remaining soul has been burned away as he destroyed Michael to save Sam and Dean and Cas.
- Dean: OKAY, BUT, IF YOU DON'T (find a solution) WE STILL HAVE PLAN B.
Cas: DEAN, COME ON.
Dean: COFFIN. OCEAN. DONE.
- Sam: OKAY, SO WE'VE MADE SOME PROGRESS
Dean: THIS IS LIKE AN A.V. CLUB PRESENTATION.
Jack: WHAT'S AN A.V. CLUB?
Cas: IT'S A SPECIAL GROUP FOR PEOPLE WHO...DON'T PLAY SPORTS.
Dean: HIM (pointing to Cas), HE'S A.V. CLUB.
- Cas: SAM AND DEAN ARE HUMAN. THEY'RE EXTRAORDINARY, BRAVE, SPECIAL HUMANS, BUT THEY'RE STILL HUMAN.
- Cas: THE POINT IS THAT THEY WERE HERE AT ALL AND YOU GOT TO KNOW THEM. WHEN THEY'RE GONE, IT WILL HURT, BUT THAT HURT WILL REMIND YOU OF HOW MUCH YOU LOVED THEM.
Jack: THAT SOUNDS...AWFUL.
Cas: IT IS, BUT IT'S ALSO LIVING. SO WHEN DEAN WAKES UP, AND HE WILL WAKE UP, WE JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER TO APPRECIATE THE TIME THAT WE ALL HAVE TOGETHER. NOW.
- Dean: I TOLD YOU TO LET ME TAKE THAT COFFIN RIDE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN.
- Rowena: I'LL LIVE EITHER WAY.
Michael: EXCUSE ME?
Rowena: FATE SAYS SAM WINCHESTER'S GOING TO OFF ME WHICH MAKES DINNERS A LITTLE AWKWARD BUT DOES
GIVE ONE A CERTAIN SENSE OF SECURITY.
- Jack: I'M NOT A CHILD! I'M THE SON OF LUCIFER. I'M A HUNTER. I AM A WINCHESTER.
(Noah the gorgon)
(Maggie - AU hunter)
- How could Michael appear in the form of Dean, even in Rowena's mind, after he's been expelled from Dean's body?
- Is there any of Jack's humanity/soul left?
- Was Cas' speech to Jack about appreciating people while they are alive foreshadowing for the end of the series?
- Just how much does Rowena care about the Winchesters?
- How could Maggie have been left in charge of the hunters at the bunker when she's barely competent AS a hunter?
- What the heck was the gorgon talking about with the snake and the egg?
- Is this episode's title a reference to Jack consuming his own soul to kill Michael?
- Why did Jack keep Felix, the gorgon' spent snake?
- Is Michael really and truly dead?
- What effect does Michael's grace have on Jack?
- Does Dean have any after-effects of being possessed by Michael?
- Jack is powerful enough to withstand a full attack by an archangel.
- Dean thinks he should have been buried at sea in the Ma'lak box.
- Jack can kill an archangel.
- Archangel Grace can restore Jack to his full power.
- Rowena cares about the Winchesters.
- Jack does not question the burning off of his soul or his own safety when it comes to saving Cas.
- A gorgon can't "see" angels when he sees the future.
- A gorgon can see the future after consuming human eyeballs.
- A gorgon can only be killed by decapitation via silver blade.
- Woman are more careful these days so monsters choose to victimize men instead because it's easier to trap them.
- Some truckers harbor secret gay sex fantasies.
- Sam is clearly considered to be a leader (more than Dean) by the AU hunters.
- Gorgon anti-venom does not work on Angels.
- Dean thinks Cas is not athletically inclined.
- Ouroboros is the term for a symbol that depicts a snake or dragon eating its own tail. It stands for infinity or completion.
- A gorgon is a demi-God, not a monster.
- Rowena accepts possession by Michael by nodding, not by actually saying "yes".
- Dean bases his knowledge of Gorgons on the movie "Clash of the Titans".
- Dean references "A.V. club"; typically a club in high school for people interested in audio visual electronics in the '80's and '90's.
- Jack wishes he could have stolen the anti venom before the vet took his temperature, a reference to taking an animal's temperature rectally.
- When Sam says that the Gorgon "doesn't seem like the snake guy", Rowena responds that there aren't enough Pantera posters in the place; a reference to the heavy metal band Pantera that favored using snakes in its imagery.
No notable classic rock.