airdate: October 14, 2014
directed by Thomas J. Wright
written by Andrew Dabb
|CROWLEY TELLS DEAN THE MARK NEEDS TO BE FED — Crowley notices Dean is becoming more and more aggressive. Dean tells him that’s the side effect of being a demon, but Crowley knows it’s something more – the Mark of Cain needs to be fed. Meanwhile, Sam is captured by Cole, an angry man who blames Dean for his father’s death years ago and wants revenge. Cole tortures Sam, hoping he’ll tell him where Dean is hiding. Hannah sees how weak Castiel is becoming as his grace continues to fade, so she makes a bold choice and asks Metatron for help.|
- Cole to Sam (after finding Sam's holy water in his bag) - "I guess even psychos need to hydrate."
- Castiel to Sam (after Sam says the Mark "messed Dean up") - "That is a vast understatement."
- Castiel to Hannah - "Sam and Dean may be a bit rough around the edges, but they're the best men I know; and they're my friends."
- Dean to Lester - "Like I said -- loser; with a capital 'L', rhymes with 'you suck."
- Castiel to Hannah (when she tries to make a deal with Metatron to save Cas' life) - "It's MY life, and it's MY choice, and I DON'T WANT THIS!"
|Erica Carroll (Hannah)||Travis Aaron Wade (Cole)|
|Curtis Armstrong (Metatron)||David Nykl (Lester)|
- Sam has found Dean but can he cure him?
- Will Metatron make good on his vow to Castiel that he'll escape and kill everyone?
- Will Hannah try and make a deal with Metatron to get Cas' remaining grace back?
- Will Crowley destroy the First Blade or keep it in the hope that*Dean decides to return?
- Crowley seems truly sad that Dean is gone; does he have actual "affection" for Dean? Did he think they were friends, or was it just about control?
- Will Cas die before he can get his grace back?
- Crowley has betrayed Dean to Sam in exchange for getting his hands on the First Blade.
- Dean killed Cole's Dad, leading Cole to seek revenge on Dean for the past eleven years.
- Unless Metatron was lying, there's still some of Cas' grace left.
- The Reichenbach Falls are a series of waterfalls in central Europe. This may also refer to a place where the fictional character, Sherlock Holmes, battled his arch enemy.
- Cole's father died on June 21st, 2003. Dean would have been 24, and Sam would likely have been at Stanford.
- The tow truck driver's daughter was watching Warner Brothers cartons -- specifically, the Roadrunner and Coyote.
- Sam eventually tracked Dean down at a bar called the Flamingo Lounge.
- "Ok Cupid" is an online dating service.
- "Viagara" is a prescription medication for treating erectile dysfunction.
- "Chasing the dragon" is a term used to describe an addict's repeated attempts to achieve a better high.
- "Lemmy Kilmister" is Sam's FBI alias. Lemmy was the lead singer for Motorhead. Sam has used that alias before.
- "Franklin and Bash" was a television show about attorneys
- "It's not me. It's you" is the title of a song by Lilly Allen. It may also be a play on the breakup line "It's not you. It's me."
- Crowley calls demonDean a "prat" -- a British slang term for someone who is foolish.
- "Lifetime Movie Network" is a network that tends to show "chick flick" movies.
- "Words Hurt" has been used as an anti-bullying campaign slogan.
- A "dead man walking" has been used to refer to prisoners on their way to execution, or any other person who is about to be fired or otherwise eliminated.
- During Dean's fight with Cole, he taunts him with a well known line from the movie "The Princess Bride".
- Crowley jokes about not wanting Dean to get his hands on the First Blade,*calling*it "the precious" -- alluding to the "one ring to rule them all" from the J.R.R. Tolkein "Lord of the rings" books.
- "Cherry Pie" -- by Warrant (plays when Dean is at the strip club)
- "Hey There, Lonely Girl" -- by Eddie Holman (plays when Crowley is at the bar, looking at photos of him and Dean)
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 1003: SOUL SURVIVOR
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Let's all discuss "Reichenbach" here!(page: 1 2 3 4 5)||82||Oct 21 2014, 4:28 PM EDT byspnfanforever|
Showing 1 of 1 featured threads for this page