airdate: 6 November 2008
directed by Robert Singer
written by Ben Edlund
|Dean and Sam investigate a supposed ghost in a women's shower, only to find out that the "ghost" is a kid who has turned invisible -- because that's what he wished for at a wishing well. There is also a giant teddy bear, a couple on an extended trip, a bullied boy who's grown extremely strong, and a geeky man (Wesley) with a hot girlfriend. The Winchesters question Wesley and find out he dropped an ancient coin into the well...and he's the only one who can take it back out. After much chaos, Wesley finally agrees and everything returns to normal.|
- Sam: (whispering) Are we - should we - uh - (glances toward Audrey, before quickly turning back) are we gonna kill this teddy bear?!
Dean: (also whispering) How, huh? Shoot it? Burn it?
Sam: I dunno ... both?
Dean: Well, we dunno if that's even gonna work, an' I don't want some giant, flaming, pissed-off teddy on our hands.
- What does Dean remember from hell that he won't tell Sam?
- Sam is truly resigned to life as it is now, and perhaps obsessed with finding and killing Lilith. When asked what he would wish for most in the world, Sam replies, Lilith's head on a plate -- bloody."
- A wishing well is a term from European folklore to describe wells where it was thought that any spoken wish would be granted. Water was long considered sacred, and it was thought that deities lived in it. The coins were offerings to the gods, and if they landed a certain way, a wish would be granted. In November 2006, a British agency reported that tourists throw just under 3 million pounds per year into wishing wells!
- (unidentified song playing in background in the first restaurant scene)
- Dean tried to tell Todd, "With great power comes great ... ," before Todd chokes him. This is a reference to the line commonly attributed to the comic book character Spider-Man, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, and omitting the word "responsibility." The line, as first used in Amazing Fantasy #15, is actually "With great power there must also come great responsibility."
Ruby hears about Anna, a girl that everyone seems to be looking for, and tells Sam and Dean. They find her and discover that Anna can hear the voices of angels and figures into the plans of a demon named Alastair, who wants to use her as a tool against the angels.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|sehrishahmed||wishful thinking||0||May 8 2013, 7:00 AM EDT by sehrishahmed|
Thread started: May 8 2013, 7:00 AM EDT Watch
an AWESOME episode,great,hilarious,funny and when sam and dean found a big teddy bear and pretend to be teddy bear doctors that was my favorite moment,overall its a very power packed fun episode,actually season 4 is a great season,with all the sadness,happiness and brotherly love moments,in dean's way "IT WAS AWESOME MAN!"
|lucy_supernatural||Wishful Thinking||0||Jan 16 2012, 10:24 PM EST by lucy_supernatural|
|BrightGreenEyes||Calum Worthy, a worthy CW star???||1||May 25 2009, 10:48 AM EDT by EasySugarYWTN|