airdate: November 19, 2013
directed by Kevin Parks
written by Adam Glass
|YOUNG DEAN — Dean gets a call from an old friend named Sonny asking for help with a ghost. Sonny runs a home for delinquent boys and Dean was sent there for stealing food when he was younger. Sam is stunned he never knew this about his brother and asks for more information, but Dean dodges his questions. Another murder occurs while Sam and Dean are at the house, so they scramble to find the culprit before anyone else dies. Meanwhile, Dean looks up an old girlfriend and recalls his time at the house.|
- Dean (to Timmy) - "You're gonna be a man, you gotta learn how to shake like one. Give me your best kung-fu grip. Good, now look me straight in the eye, let me know that you mean business. Shake as hard as you can. You shake like that, you’ll be alright."
- Dean (to Sam) - “Nobody bad touched me, nobody burned me with their smokes or beat me with a metal hanger. I call that a win.”
- Young Dean (to Robin) - “Cars are freaking cool as hell. Fixing them is like a puzzle. And the best part is, when you’re done, they leave and you’re not responsible for them anymore.”
- Dean (to Timmy) - “Sometimes you gotta do what’s best for you, even if it’s gonna hurt the ones you love.”
- Robin (to Dean) - "You look pretty rocking to me, Dean Winchester.”
- Sam - "Dean, thank you. For always being there, for having my back. I know it hasn’t always been easy”
Dean - "I don't know what the hell you're talking about."
|Sean Michael Kyer
- When will Sam find out he's possessed by Ezekiel?
- Will Dean tell him or will Sam find out himself and what will the fallout be?
- Can / will Ezekiel finish curing Sam?
- Have the angels all found vessels to inhabit?
- Are there different angel factions and what are they planning?
- What is Abaddon up to? Is she still looking for Crowley?
- Dean was 'abandoned' by his Dad when he lost the food money John left (in a card game) and was arrested for stealing food for Sam. John and Dean chose to never tell Sam the truth about that incident
- Dean had dreams of living a normal life as a teenager. It appears that he gave those dreams up for Sam
- Dean was apparently an award-winning wrestler when he was a teenager
- The episode title "Bad Boys" may be a nod to the 1983 drama of the same name about a young man (played by actor Sean Penn) who gets sent to a reform school for murder
- When Sam is in the bunk room and he pulls off the old layers of tape on Dean's former bunk, the first name we see is "Kevin P". This is likely a nod to Supernatural's long-time assistant director, Kevin Parks, who directed this episode. This is only the second episode of Supernatural directed by Parks, who made his directorial debut in season 8 with"Trial and Error"
- When Sam is in the library, he picks up a book titled The Marvelous Land of Oz (1904), by L. Frank Baum. This book was the sequel to Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900), which was recently highlighted in Slumber Party, when Supernatural explored the surprise re-appearance of Dorothy and the Wicked Witch
- Dean says, "All right, Casper... where are you at?" This refers to the animated character "Casper The Friendly Ghost", which was a series of shorts and then a full-length movie.
- Dean says, "So give me your best Kung Fu Grip." He's referring to G.I. Joe action figures - Hasbro introduced the "kung fu grip" to these figures in the late 70s in response to the popularity of Chinese martial arts films.
- Dean said, "We got ourselves a Damien on our hands?" referring to the 1976 movie "The Omen" and the remake. Damien is the son of the Devil and a jackal and is destined to rule the world as the Anti-Christ. He has supernatural powers and a constant creepy vibe.
- When Dean confronts the bullies, he threatens to "go Guantanamo" on them. This refers to the U.S. military's Guantanamo Bay detention center located in Cuba, which has come under fire for reports of inmate abuses and holding prisoners without due process
- Dean says he tried to take a "five-finger discount" when he got arrested. This is a slang term for stealing or shoplifting
- "Stone in Love" by Journey
- "Ava Maria" by Maria Ferrante
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 908: ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about BAD BOYS here! (page: 1 2)||23||Nov 20 2013, 4:15 PM EST by womanofletters|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page