ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
airdate: November 26th 2013
directed by John MacCarthy
written by Jenny Klein
|SAM AND DEAN REUNITE WITH SHERIFF MILLS --- Sheriff Mills calls Sam and Dean for help investigating multiple murders in her small town. Discovering all four victims belonged to the same church chastity group, Sam and Dean decide to infiltrate by joining the group themselves. When Dean disappears, Sam and Sheriff Mills realize whatever they are hunting has taken Dean too and team up to rescue him.
- Dean (to the purity group) - "Sex has always felt, I dunno, good. I mean, really, really good. But sometimes it just makes you feel bad. You’re drunk, you shack up, then it’s the whole morning thing, ‘Hey, that was fun,’ and then adios. Always the adios.”
- Jody (to Dean and Sam) - "Choking on a ladies’ room floor cuz of witchcraft? Kinda makes a higher power seem relevant.”
- Dean (to the purity group, again) - "But when you get down to it, what’s the big deal? Sure, there’s the touching and the feeling all of each other, my hands everywhere, tracing every inch of her body. The two of us moving together, pressing, pulling, grinding, and then you hit that sweet spot and everything just builds, builds and builds until it all just…But the whole thing was just a little too sticky."
- Jody - "Dragons? Those are a thing?"
Sam - "Yeah. Too many things are things."
(Sheriff Jody Mills)
- Will Sam find out he's possessed by Ezekiel in the Mid-Season Finale next week?
- Has Ezekiel any intention of healing Sam? Can he actually even do it?
- Will Dean finally tell Sam he's possessed or will Sam find out from someone else? What will the fallout be?
- Are there different angel factions and what are they planning?
- Is Cas still a target?
- What is Abaddon up to? Is she still looking for Crowley?
- Will Crowley help Kevin to translate more of the Angel Tablet?
- Jody says she enjoys church and that after everything that has happened with Crowley and Bobby, the idea of church comforts her and makes sense to her
- Dean has (again) come very close to telling Sam the truth, but Ezekiel convinced him not to
- Because Sam doesn’t know the truth about Ezekiel, he’s having serious doubts about himself and whether he will ever be “okay”
- Sam doesn't seem to be getting any better - Vesta told him he's held together with "safety pins and duct tape"
- This episode takes place in Hartford, South Dakota. Jody says it’s a small town outside Sioux Falls that’s within her territory. Hartford is approximately 16 miles from Sioux Falls, so it would've taken Sheriff Mills less than 30 minutes to get there. Hartford is, however, approximately 340 miles from the bunker in Lebanon, Kansas. It would've taken the Winchesters approximately 6 hours to get there by car
- During the church group session, Sam admits that when he's been intimate with anyone, it "hasn't ended well". This alludes to the fact that most women who have been intimate with Sam have ended up dead at some point
- Suzie is apparently a star in Casa Erotica #28. Casa Erotica is mentioned several times throughout Supernatural and is Dean’s favorite pornographic movie series
- Dean utters “Not now, Kato” when he declines Sam’s phone call. Kato is a comic book character who is the sidekick/companion to the superhero the Green Hornet. The comic book series was introduced during the 1930s
- In Roman mythology, Vesta was the goddess of the hearth, home, and domestic life. The perpetual flame in her temple was tended and maintained by virgins. As the show describes, the virgins had to remain chaste for the duration of their tenure (it's not clear whether that was for 30 years as the show suggests). If any virgins broke their vow, they were buried alive
- Vesta says “before the hippie from Bethlehem” came along, her worshipers provided virgins for her regularly. She was referring to Jesus of Nazareth and the rise of Christianity, which replaced paganism in many areas of the world
- Jody says “it sucks to be Lindsey Lohan”, referring to someone who was once famous but has largely been forgotten
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 909: HOLY TERROR
|Talk about ROCK AND A HARD PLACE here!
|Nov 28 2013, 6:33 AM EST by spnfanforever
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page