Airdate: January 25, 2018
Directed by Amyn Kaderali
Written by Davy Perez
|Sheriff Donna Hanscum calls Sam and Dean when her niece goes missing. They discover that she has been abducted by a group of people who sell human body parts in online auctions.|
- WELL, BRING IT TWILIGHT.
- DEAN TO THE VAMPIRE CLERK
- THERE ARE MANY PIECES OF SAM WINCHESTER, BUT ONLY ONE HEART.
- AGENT CLEGG
- THIS ENDS ONE WAY FOR US DEAN. IT ENDS BLOODY. IT ENDS BAD.
"Officer Doug Stover"
|Chris William Martin
- Is Sam right that everything will end bloody (and badly) for him and his brother?
- Is Donna doomed to a life alone because she is a hunter?
- Why do we never get to see the "butcher" who, we are told, is Agent Clegg's brother?
- Why did Marlon assume that Wendy Hanscum was someone who wouldn't be missed?
- There are many more monsters out there than Sam ever thought there were. Many of them passing as regular people most of the time.
- Sam never passes up the chance to eat the pancakes Dean makes for him.
- Sam is usually an early riser.
- There are monsters in the FBI.
- Other monsters recognize Sam and Dean by the Impala.
- Donna can quote the Bible.
- Sam's attitude seems more consistent with what Dean has said in the past: they are better off alone, because people they care about get killed, and their own lives will end violently
- Dean commented that how quickly one turns into a vampire varies from person to person. Apparently, one's reaction to the cure also varies, because Doug seemed to have a much easier time with the cure than Dean did in season 6 "Live Free or Twihard"
- Jensen Ackles' friend, musician Jason Manns Tweeted that he was in this episode. He was, perhaps, referring to the name of the truck stop diner which was "Manny's" but one of the neon letters was out making it appear to be "Manns"
- Doug Stover met Dean for the first time in season 11 "Plush", when Dean introduced himself as Special Agent Savage, referring to Rick Savage from the band Def Leppard
- Dean's CB radio handle was "67 Midnight Rider"
- This episode takes place in Oshkosh, Nebraska
- Jason Vaisvila, the actor who played the window washer/transient in this episode, also played a street preacher in season 5 "Point of No Return"
- The throwing star-type weapon the kidnappers used to puncture tires is very similar to the weapon used by the monster in the "Jeepers Creepers" horror movie franchise. The monster in "Jeepers Creepers" also kills people to harvest body parts
- Dean uses the CB radio that his father used.
- The body part auction site is compared to Ebay, an online auction site.
- Dean tells the vampire truck stop clerk to "Bring it, Twilight", a reference to the teen Twilight vampire series of books and movies.
- Dean's CB handle is "67 Midnight Rider", referring to the 1967 Impala he drives, and possibly to the song "Midnight Rider" by the Allman Brothers band
- Dean spoke on the CB radio to a woman who used the handle "Felix the Cat". Felix the Cat is an animated film character that first appeared during the silent film era, and was later featured in a cartoon series during the 1950s and 60s
- In CB radio jargon, the term "Alice in Wonderland" refers to someone who is missing or lost
- Also in CB jargon and urban slang, "411" means information, likely originating from the telephone number anyone can dial for telephone directory assistance
- According to Doug, he and Donna talk about the "Vikes and Real Housewives". The "Vikes" refers to the NFL football team, the Minnesota Vikings; and "The Real Housewives" is a popular television reality show franchise
- Hungry Hungry Hippos is a children's game created by the Hasbro toy company. In the game, players using plastic hippos compete to see which hippo can eat the most marbles
- "Look Into My Eyes" -- by The Chantels (plays as the butcher is torturing the first anonymous victim)
- "Too Good to Be True" -- by Lon Rogers and the Soul Blenders (plays when Wendy is screaming for help into the video camera)
- "Big Flame (Is Gonna Break My Heart in Two)" -- by Doris Wilson (plays when Dean and Donna enter the facility thinking they're approaching Wendy, but they find a radio playing in an empty room)
Click HERE to see the discussion thread for this episode.