airdate: January 14, 2014
directed by Robert Singer
written by Andrew Dabb
|DEAN’S BEST CHANCE OF SAVING SAM LIES WITH CROWLEY — Dean is devastated after Kevin’s death and vows to find the angel that killed him, not only to free Sam but to seek revenge. Castiel arrives at the bunker and suggests they try to separate Sam’s brain from the angel’s so they can talk to Sam and have him expel Gadreel. However, there’s one small problem: the only person who knows how to do that is Crowley...|
- Dean - "So you’re saying we’re both a couple of dumbasses."
Cas - “I prefer the word 'trusting'. Less dumb, less ass."
- Crowley (to Dean) - “How many times am I gonna have to say this? People in your general vicinity don’t have much in the way of a lifespan.”
- Cas (to Dean, about Gadreel) - "It’s his fault, all of it. The corruption of man, demons, Hell. God left because of him. The archangels, the Apocalypse. If he hadn’t been so weak, none of it would have happened. You ruined the universe, you damn son of a b****.”
- Crowley (to Dean) - "Your phallus on wheels just ran a red light in Somerset, Pennsylvania 10 minutes ago.”
- Dean (to Sam) - “Kevin’s blood is on my hands, and that ain’t never getting clean. I’ll burn for that.”
- Gadreel (to Dean) - “If it makes you feel better, I have Sam locked away in a dream. As far as he knows, the two of you are working a case right now. Something with ghouls and cheerleaders.”
- Crowley (to Abaddon) - "It’s a campaign. Hearts and minds, that’s what important. See, the demons have a choice. Take orders from the world’s angriest ginger, and that’s saying something, or join my team, where everyone gets a say, a virgin and all the entrails they can eat.”
- Dean (to Sam): “I’m poison, Sam. People get close to me, they get killed or worse. I tell myself that I help more people than I hurt and I tell myself that I’m doing it all for the right reasons, and I believe that. But I can’t, I won’t, drag anybody through the muck with me, not anymore."
- What will Dean do now he's on his own? - Will he ever forgive himself for Kevin's death?
- How long will it take Sam to forgive Dean for what happened? How long will the brothers be apart?
- How long will it take Dean to find Gadreel, and will he be able to kill him when he does?
- Will Cas stay with Sam or will he join forces with Dean?
- What are Crowley's plans now he's earned his freedom? And how far will Abaddon go to maintain control of hell?
- What is on the Angel Tablet which Metatron is so keen to keep secret?
- What is happening with the other angel factions?
- Dean and Cas finally know who was possessing Sam
- A prophet may be the key to defeating Metatron (he's stopped any more prophets from being chosen and he's stolen the Angel Tablet)
- Abaddon is not in full control of Hell; most demons are waiting to see who will win between her and Crowley
- Although Crowley is free, he has to battle Abaddon to maintain his rule over Hell
- Castiel believes he can slowly cure Sam over time
- "Poughkeepsie" is Dean and Sam's secret code word for "Drop everything and run"
- The wallpaper on Kevin's cell phone was a picture of Kevin with his mother
- Castiel drives a Lincoln Continental Mark V with Idaho license plate IA B2676
- Crowley says “that explains the hoopti”, referring to Cas' car. A hoopti is normally a broken down or cheap car, ideally with mis-matched parts on it. Crowley also asks Castiel if he's a pimp, alluding to the fact that (at least in the movies and on television) pimps are known for driving extravagant cars
- According to Crowley’s informant, Abaddon has a few “Agro types” on her side, referring to someone who is angry or hostile -- especially if there's no apparent reason for it
- Crowley jokes about himself, Dean, and Castiel being " the Three Amigos". "Amigo" is the Spanish word for friend. "The Three Amigos" was a 1986 comedy-buddy movie starring comedians Chevy Chase, Martin Short, and Steve Martin
- Crowley derisively calls Dean and Castiel Laverne and Shirley, referring to the two best friends from the 1970s era comedy series "Laverne and Shirley"
- Crowley refers to Sam as “pinhead”, referring to one of the main demonic villains from the “Hellraiser” horror movie series
- Crowley says he’s not one for “sloppy seconds”. This is a sexual allusion, referring to someone (usually a man) who is the second (or third, or...) partner of someone who has had multiple sexual partners in rapid succession
- Crowley calls Sam “Bullwinkle”, referring to the fictional character Bullwinkle Moose from the animated series "Rocky and Bullwinkle" (1959 - 1964). In the cartoon, the other main character is Rocky, a flying squirrel. Referring to Sam and Dean as "Moose and Squirrel" has become a running joke in Supernatural
- "The Famous Final Scene" by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (plays as Dean isgrievingKevin's death)
- "The Royal Scene" by Dude Royal (plays as Castiel and Crowley sit together in the back of the Impala)
- "Hobo Blues" - by Chris Norton, Frank Mizen, and Rob Donnelly (plays when Gadreel meets Metatron at a bar and delivers the tablets)
See below for the discussion thread for this episode.
EPISODE 911: FIRST BORN
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about ROAD TRIP here! (page: 1 2)||38||Jan 22 2014, 12:28 AM EST by spnfanforever|
Thread started: Dec 4 2013, 7:46 AM EST Watch
Let us know your hopes and fears for this episode and of course your thoughts on it when it airs!
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page