Episode 11.22: We Happy Few
All in the Family
Season 11 : Episode 21
Originally aired May 11, 2016
directed by Thomas J. Wright
written by Eugenie Ross-Leming and Brad Buckner
Amara shows Dean how she’s torturing Lucifer. Worried for Castiel, Dean and Sam come up with a plan to rescue him from Amara’s clutches.
- HOLY CRAP
- Dean accepting that Chuck is God
- THUS SPAKE THE LORD.
- Chuck after yelling at Sam and Dean about not wanting Lucifer involved.
- I HAD TO TELL HIM TO 'COOL IT' THREE TIMES.
- Dean, having to tell Chuck to stop singing in the shower
YOU TOLD GOD TO 'COOL IT'?
YEAH, I SLEEP.
- CALL ME 'DONATELLO'. I'M NAMED AFTER HIM.
THE...MUTANT NINJA TURTLE?
THE, UH, RENAISSANCE SCULPTOR
- IS THAT MY COMPUTER?
- Dean to Chuck
I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH PORN. NOT IN ONE SITTING.
- Chuck to Dean
- UH...I-I-I GUESS YOU KNOW THAT I WAS AN ATHEIST, UNTIL TEN MINUTES AGO. IS THAT AN ISSUE?
-Donatello to Chuck
NOT FOR ME. I MEAN, I BELIEVE IN ME. BUT YOUR SKEPTICISM IS TO BE EXPECTED. I DID INCLUDE FREE WILL IN THE KIT.
- Chuck to Donatello
- YOU NEED ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GET. EVEN DOUCHE HELP.
- Metatron to Dean
- OCCASIONALLY I DO ANSWER A PRAYER.
- Chuck to Sam
- HOLY CRAP
|Rob Benedict ("Chuck")||Curtis Armstrong ("Metatron")|
|Emily Swallow ("Amara")||Keith Szarabajka
- Is there much of Cas still left inside Lucifer's vessel?
- Where was Kevin's spirit all this time?
- Does God really plan to sacrifice himself (though death or imprisonment) when going up against Amara? And can God even die if Death is dead?
- How can Kevin's spirit go to heaven, yet, if Sam and Dean die, it's nothing but "emptiness" that awaits them?
- Why would Amara ward herself against God being able to find her if she is trying to DRAW HIM TO HER?
- How are there more prophets when Kevin was the last one?
- Dean tells Sam about Amara's plans for him, finally.
- Metatron cares enough about the world to die trying to help save it.
- Spirits can still be sent to heaven (not just into the emptiness).
- God thinks that Dean's anger at him is mostly misplaced anger of Johnabandoning them.
- Sam in inexplicably able to be near and help Lucifer after all thehorror he's experienced at Lucifer's hands.
- This is the first time we've seen a new prophet since Kevin.
- Dean assumes that 'Donatello' is named after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle character, not the Renaissance artist.
- Dean references the Bible saying he doesn't want to offend God and end up being turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. Chuck says he was not the one who did that.
- When threatening to leave Lucifer in Amara's lair, Sam tells him he'llleave him in "Abu Ghraib"; the CIA prison in Iraq where many human rights abuses werecommitted.
- Crooked Little Man by Trini Lopez (background to Metatron drinking in the bar)
Click HERE to see the discussion thread for this episode.