|DEFENDING YOUR LIFE
airdate: October 14, 2011
directed by Robert Singer
written by Adam Glass
|Sam and Dean investigate a string of gruesome murders and discover the Egyptian god Osiris is behind the deaths, putting people on trial for their past mistakes and killing them if found guilty. Osiris homes in on Dean's guilt and decides he's the next to stand trial. Sam steps in as Dean's lawyer, but both brothers are unprepared when Osiris calls an unexpected witness - Jo.|
- Dean - "A drunk driver, Michael Vick, a murderer. When did our black-and-white case turn to mud? I’m just saying, I’m having a hard time not rooting for the ghosts on this one."
- Osiris - "Hey, if it was about convincing me, I would say --"
- Sam - "What?"
- Osiris - "I don't decide anything, Sam. I don't decide Dean's guilt. I just weigh the guilt that's already there. This is solely about how Dean feels ... way down deep. Them's the breaks."
|Jim Beaver||Alona Tal|
|Faran Tahir||Emilie Ullerup|
- Will Sam find out about Amy? And when he does, what will he do?
- Is Sam really past it all and ready to "move on" with his life?
- Dean feels a heavy load of baggage for all he's done in his life.
- There were two highly trained attack dogs used for the "dog guy" scenes.
- The apple farm is the family farm of dolly grip Steve Gilmour.
- Faran Tahir (Osiris) had his first on-camera role speaking role in Midnight Caller with Robert Singer as Exec Producer and Jim Michaels as Assoc Producer.
(Many thanks to Jim Michaels for all the trivia!)
- Dean refers to the trial being like Pee-wee's Playhouse, a funky kid's show starring Pee-wee Herman (Paul Reubens) that aired 1986-1991.
- During the trial, Dean tells Osiris "Enough Ally McBeal," which was the name of Calista Flockhart's character on the legal dramedy of the same name, which ran 1997-2002.
Scroll down to see threads associated with this episode.
Sam and Dean meet Maggie Stark, a witch who has unleashed her wrath on a small town, resulting in numerous deaths. Sam and Dean track down her husband, Donald, to see if he can help. Donald tells the brothers that Maggie is mad at him for having an affair and is taking it out on the townspeople.
|Latest page update: made by spnfanforever , Oct 26 2013, 3:23 PM EDT|
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|SuperZu||Talk about DEFENDING YOUR LIFE here!(page: 1 2)||37||Aug 12 2014, 11:04 AM EDT byspnfanforever|
|Magoober||Talk about DEFENDING YOUR LIFE||0||Oct 15 2011, 10:09 AM EDT by Magoober|