- How do the Benders manage to grab people so stealthily?
- Sometimes people really can be harder to understand than demons...
- Dean tells Officer Kathleen that he feels responsible for Sam, revealing his his true feelings that he always needs to take care of Sam.
- This is the first episode where Dean and Sam don't drive off in their car. Instead, they walk.
- Joe Walsh - "Rocky Mountain Way"
- Christopher Lennertz - "Sweet and Low Down"
- The statement of Dean's "death" was a reference to the episode Skin, in which a shapeshifter died and was buried while in Dean's form.
- Dean talks to the boy who witnessed the abduction at the start of the episode about Godzilla movies, including Godzilla (1954), Godzilla vs. Mothra (1962), and a remake, possibly the 1984 Godzilla remake, the 1998 American Godzilla, or the 1992 remake of Godzilla vs. Mothra.
In Chicago, Sam has the luck to run into Meg, the pretty blond he met weeks earlier at an Indiana bus stop. But it may be bad luck, especially if Meg is connected to a demon wreaking death on the Windy City.