|THE CURIOUS CASE OF DEAN WINCHESTER
airdate: October 29, 2009
directed by: Robert Singer
written by: Sera Gamble, Jenny Klein
|Sam and Dean discover a witch (guest star Hal Ozsan) is running a high-stakes poker game where the currency is life years vs. money. Bobby sees the game as a chance to get out of the wheelchair and bets 25 years, but loses. As Bobby begins to age rapidly, Dean steps in to save him but also ends up turning into an old man, leaving Sam holding the bag for their survival.|
- Sam: Have you seen … you?
Dean: The old chick in Titanic, I know.
- Dean: And you beat me here.
Bobby: Brains trumps legs, apparently.
|Chad Everett||Hal Ozsan|
- Does Bobby really feel worthless after all he has done to fight the good fight?
- Bobby thought about killing himself.
- The chips in Patrick's game bear the Muslim symbol of the star and crescent moon.
- The title is references the 2009 film "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" in which the main character (Brad Pitt) lives his life backwards from an elderly man to a baby.
- Sam tells aged Dean that he looks like Emperor Palpatine, who was Darth Vader's master in "Star Wars."
- Sam: It's like Grumpy Old Men. Referring to the 1993 movie starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau as two grumpy old men.
- (no non-original music)
Sam and Dean get stuck in TV Hell when the Trickster throws them into an alternate universe where they are characters in different television series, including a sexy medical show, a Japanese game show, a forensics show and a sitcom.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|lucy_supernatural||random||0||Mar 3 2012, 10:23 PM EST bylucy_supernatural|
|7phyllis7||What did you think of The Curious Case of Dean Winchester?||0||Nov 13 2009, 8:14 AM EST by7phyllis7|
|SuperZu||What did you think of The Curious Case of Dean Winchester?||16||Nov 4 2009, 4:01 AM EST by SuperZu|
|SuperZu||Two weeks-worth of SOS for epi 507!||4||Oct 29 2009, 10:30 AM EDT bySuperZu|
|SuperZu||Chad Everett as older Dean!||0||Oct 14 2009, 1:31 PM EDT bySuperZu|