airdate: November 5, 2009
directed by Charles Beeson
written by Jeremy Carver
|Don't touch that remote! Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) get stuck in TV Hell when The Trickster (Richard Speight Jr.) throws them into an alternate universe where they are characters in different television series, including a sexy medical show, a Japanese game show, a forensics show and a sitcom.|
- Dean: A bloody, violent monster, and you wanna be Facebook friends with him?
- Trickster: Hmm, let me guess. You two muttonheads broke the world, and you want me to clean up your mess.
- Surgeon Sam: I'm gonna need a paring knife, some dental floss, and a fifth of whiskey. Stat!
|Misha Collins||Steve Bacic|
- How did none of the other angels know about Gabriel?
- The character that we have always known as the Trickster actually is (and always has been) the archangel Gabriel!
- Wellington, Ohio, where the boys find themselves in this episode, was the "Cheese Capital of the World" from about 1868 until 1910.
- Allusions in this episode included references to several TV shows or types of shows:
- CSI: Miami
- Knight Rider
- Japanese game show
- Grey's Anatomy
- '70s sitcom
- There were also references to the TV show and two movies made about The Incredible Hulk.
- Anya Marina - "Move You"
- Anya Marina - "Not a Through Street"
- Renee Stahl - "Something New"
- Robbi Spencer - "I Love to See You Happy"
- Unknown (cover of The Who) - "Won't Get Fooled Again "
- Knight Rider Theme Song
Super-fan Becky (remember her from Sympathy for the Devil?) is back, and she tricks Sam and Dean into attending a Supernatural convention! The boys and Chuck go to the conventions and are in for a shock when they see many of the fans dressed up like them and acting out the Supernatural book series.