There's Something About Mary
Airdate: May 11, 2017
Directed by: P.J. Pesce
Written by: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming
|Dean and Sam learn that hunters around the country are dying suddenly. Their concerns are further heightened when they realize that Mary is missing. While the Boys discover where Mary has been and what has been happening to her, Lucifer has a nasty surprise in store for Crowley.|
- Mr. Ketch to the hell hound - "Good puppy."
- Sam - "Dean, that's the second hunter death we've heard about in two weeks."
Dean - "I know. But two doesn't mean a pattern."
Sam - "Three would."
Dean - "Meaning?"
Sam - "Mom is a hunter, and no one knows where she is."
- Crowley to Dr. Hess - "I provided Arthur Ketch with a hell hound. I didn't think he was looking for a pet."
- Lucifer to Drexel - "Let me be perfectly clear, okay? My son is in jeopardy, and I'm running out of patience."
- Dean to Toni Bevel - "You keep that up, we're gonna have to start dating."
- Can Mr. Ketch actually see the hell hound?
- Lucifer has been having telepathic conversations with Dagon. Shouldn't he already have known she was dead?
- Does Crowley really plan to raise the Nephilim as his own and try to control him, or was he just saying that to get Lucifer to talk?
- Is Mary faking the level of control the Brits have over her? Convincing them that she is under their control is a smart way to get the torture sessions to stop, so faking would be very clever. She also showed up at the bunker in time to help defuse the standoff with Mr. Ketch, which would have been smart if she was trying to stop Dean and Sam from getting shot. Is she faking some of this?
- If Mary is not faking, how will she get out from under the control of the BMOLs?
- Why did the BMOLs bother bugging the bunker? They can get to Dean and Sam whenever they want, and they have Mary to lead them to other hunters.
- How will Dean and Sam get out of the bunker? Will Toni Bevel survive?
- If Toni Bevel dies, won't that mean a death sentence for Mr. Ketch, because he killed her, which violates the BMOLs' code?
- Which hunters are next on Mary's list? Will Dean and Sam be able to stop her in time? How? Will they kill her to save other hunters?
- Where are Castiel and Kelly, and how much time is left before the Nephilim is born?
- What caused the "polarity shift" in Lucifer's vessel? Is the Nephilim somehow increasing Lucifer's power?
- Is Crowley alive? (He smoked out into the rat, right)?
- Assuming Crowley is alive, what's his next move? He'll need help if he plans to go after Lucifer, so will he free/save the Winchesters so they can help him? Are the BMOLs more likely to be able and willing to help him?
- Now that Lucifer is free, what are his plans? Is his vessel still stable enough to be permanent? Will he come after Castiel and Kelly? The Winchesters?
- What is the extent of the BMOLs' plan for America? Once they replace all the American hunters and take over, then what? And who are the "elders" who are actually running the BMOLs and giving all the orders?
- The British Men of Letters (BMOLs) are brainwashing Mary to get her to help them kill other hunters.
- Sam told Crowley that only a demon can control a hell hound. But apparently, all it takes is a dog whistle. Maybe Mr. Ketch has a "special" dog whistle.
- John Winchester apparently had drunken rages when the Boys were young. Dean and Sam have alluded to this before.
- Mary seem surprised to learn how her death affected John and her sons. She also seemed surprised that the BMOLs knew all about it.
- Crowley has had a long-standing deal with the BMOLs in the United Kingdom to allow his demons to make deals with desperate people as long as the demons leave other people alone and agree to provide information to the BMOLs when asked. Crowley wants to make sure his deal will be honored if/when the BMOLs take over in America.
- Eileen died somewhere in South Carolina
- Mary's cell number at the BMOL's base is #1280
- When Dean and Sam are having their fake conversation, they pretend that they're meeting another hunter named Terry Marsh who lives in Missouri. There is a British actor named Terry Marsh, and also a British boxer. Could the episode's writers have been referring to one of these men?
- The BMOLs plan to "repeal and replace" the American hunters. This is likely an allusion to opponents of the Affordable Care Act who say they want to "repeal and replace" this health care reform law.
- "Daddy and Me" classes are community activities, events, and programs intended for parents (especially single parents) and their children to participate in together. They are intended to promote bonding and socialization opportunities for participants.
- Toni teases Dean and Sam about having "Oedipal myopia" because of their negative reaction to her suggestion that Mr. Ketch and Mary are sleeping together. An Oedipal complex is a Freudian theory that suggests people are sexually attracted to their parents of the opposite sex, and jealous of whomever occupies that position of intimacy.
- Lucifer teased Crowley about being his "Kermit the Frog" and his "little muppet". The muppets are puppets created in 1955 by puppeteer Jim Henson. They were prominently featured in the children's educational program series "Sesame Street", which debuted in 1969 on public television. There have also been a series of movies based on the muppets. Kermit the Frog is one of the most popular muppets. Lucifer was likely taunting Crowley because of his ability to control Crowley's actions.
- Lucifer jokes about finding a "Pilates" class. Pilates is a system of exercise (similar to yoga) that is intended to improve strength and flexibility.
Click HERE to see the discussion thread for this episode.
How will Dean and Sam escape from the bunker? And if they can escape, will they be able to stop Mary and the Brits from killing more American hunters? Now that Dean and Sam know Mary has been brainwashed, how far will they go to save her?