|WHAT IS AND WHAT SHOULD NEVER BE
airdate: May 3, 2007
directed by Eric Kripke
written by Raelle Tucker
|While hunting a Djinn, a genie, Dean (Jensen Ackles) is attacked and transported to a world where his mother (guest star Samantha Smith) is alive, Sam (Jared Padalecki) is in law school and engaged to Jessica (guest star Adrianne Palicki), and Dean lives a very normal life with his girlfriend (guest star Michelle Borth).
However, after he starts seeing a strange girl (guest star Melanie Neige Scrofano) and learns all the people he has saved in the past have died, Dean must decide whether he wants to stay in this new safe life where everyone he loves is alive or if he should return to the hunt.
- Dean: (to John’s grave) ‘Course, I know what you’d say... well, not the you that played softball, but...
- Dean: I'm dating a nurse? That is so... respectable!
- Professor: Son? You been drinking?
Dean: Everybody keeps asking me that. But, uh, no.
Melanie Neige Scrofano
- Is this really what life would be like if Mary hadn't died?
- Dean seems to be a better man as a hunter.
- To kill a Djinn, you need a knife dipped in lambs blood.
- Dean uses a sterling silver dinner knife when trying to kill the Djinn. Most sterling silver dinner knives have steel blades, since silver is a soft metal and isn't suitable for significant cutting use.
- The Winchesters' house has the numbers reversed from those seen in "Home": they are 1481 here, but 1841 in "Home."
- During Dean's fantasy, he is wearing a silver necklace, rather than the amulet he normally wears.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special"
- Joey Ramone - "What a Wonderful World"
- Sam: I guess they’re powerful enough, but not exactly like Barbara Eden in harem pants.Referencing the 1965-1970 CBS sitcom I Dream of Jeannie, featuring Barbara Eden in the title role as Jeannie the Genie, who ended up with astronaut Tony Nelson as her "master."
- The title of the episode references the Led Zeppelin song "What Is and What Should Never Be" off of the album Led Zeppelin IIreleased in 1969.
Late one night, Sam walks into a cafe... and wakes up in a ghost town, abducted with other "special children" by the yellow-eyed demon. Meanwhile, Dean searches through a 3,000 mile haystack for his brother.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|lucy_supernatural||Wow||0||Dec 15 2011, 9:56 PM EST by lucy_supernatural|
|somethingwicked||Stuff about this chapter||0||May 26 2010, 9:47 PM EDT by somethingwicked|